How To Connect With An Inmate At Limestone Correctional Facility
If this is your first time trying to connect with an inmate at Limestone Correctional Facility, you may not be sure where to start. After all, no two correctional facilities are exactly alike, so you may have the following questions:
- Where is Limestone Correctional Facility?
- What are my options if I would like to contact an inmate?
- When can I visit a friend or loved one at Limestone Correctional Facility?
- How can I send money or a package to an inmate?
Most importantly, you may wonder about the fastest and easiest way to connect with a loved one at Limestone Correctional Facility? Read on to find out the answers to these important questions and make sure you succeed in reaching your loved one.
Where Is Limestone Correctional Facility Located?
Located roughly 10 miles west of Huntsville, Alabama, Limestone Correctional Facility can accommodate up to 2,086 male inmates. The facility opened in 1984, and operations are overseen by Correctional Wardens Deborah Toney and William Streeter. Key details are as follows:
|Physical Address||Limestone Correctional Facility
28779 Nick David Road
Harvest, Alabama, 35749
|General Contact Phone Number||256-233-4600|
|Visiting Hours||Saturdays and Sundays from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Inmates may have up to two prearranged visits per month|
How To Contact an Inmate At Limestone Correctional Facility on Your Own
As the largest state prison in Alabama, Limestone Correctional Facility has stringent policies and procedures for contacting inmates. If you would like to connect with an inmate, you can write a letter, send money or a package, speak with your loved one by phone, or visit an inmate in person during approved visiting hours.
As you review your options for connecting with your loved one, remember that inmates are prohibited from having cell phones. If you wish to speak with an inmate by phone, the inmate will need to call you collect or make outbound calls during approved hours. To make an outbound call, the inmate must pay for the call using money from their personal account at Limestone.
Limestone Correctional Facility allows in-person visits on Saturdays and Sundays from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Visitors must have had a relationship with the inmate before they were incarcerated to be approved. All visitors must apply to be on an inmate’s visiting list by filling out an application and be approved before scheduling a visit. Inmates are allowed two visits per month and will be given a pre-arranged date. You must find out directly from the inmate the visitation date and time.
If you are approved for visitation, there are quite a few things you should prepare yourself for. Visitors are allowed to arrive at Limestone Correctional Facility as early as 7 am on their visitation day. You must get in the visitor vehicle line, and a correctional officer will have you sign in for the visit while you are in your vehicle. Understand that your car may be searched before you are allowed to visit. If you refuse a search of yourself or your property, your visitation will be declined.
Adults must bring a current photo ID. All visitors must go through a metal detector, be fingerprinted and stamped with a special ink that shows that they've been at the facility, and subject themselves to a visual and pat search by a corrections officer.
It is recommended that you bring the bare minimum when visiting your loved one, as all items you bring into the facility will be opened and searched.
Visitors are allowed to bring the following:
- No more than $20.00 in cash (you can purchase a $20.00 debit card for snacks)
- An identification card
- Car keys in a clear plastic bag
- If you have an infant, you can bring:
- Two plastic baby bottles
- Four disposable diapers
- Small baby blanket
Things that are forbidden:
- Electronic devices (cell phones, smartwatches, etc.)
- Purses and bags
- Tobacco products
Limestone Correctional Facility has a very strict dress code that must be followed, or you will be denied entrance.
The following items of clothing are NOT allowed:
- Skirts, dresses, or pants that reveal anything above the lower leg
- Tops that reveal the waist or chest area
- Button-ups, wrap-around, sheer, or see-through fabric dresses and skirts
- See-through blouses and sleeveless tops
- Sundresses, tank tops, halter tops, low-cut blouses, or shirts
- Shorts or stretch pants
- White nor any light-colored clothing that appears white
- Scrub type garments
- House shoes, shower shoes, or beach shoes
- Sheer see-through pants
- Tight-fitting clothes
How To Send Money To An Inmate At Limestone Correctional Facility
Each inmate at Limestone Correctional Facility has their own funding account to use for phone calls and commissary items. Friends and family members are able to send money by depositing payments into the inmate's account by using one of the four methods below:
- Make a deposit by phone by calling 866-345-1884. You can make a deposit using your debit or credit card 24/7.
- Make a deposit online by visiting www.accesscorrections.com. Just select "AL DOC" for the agency and follow the prompts.
- Make a cash deposit using www.CashPayToday.com. You can make a deposit through the website or start by calling 844-340-CASH.
- Make a deposit by sending a money order. Just follow the instructions on the form to ensure your loved one receives the money.
How to Send Mail to an Inmate at Limestone Correctional Facility
Inmates may receive mail Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays. Limestone Correctional Facility staff screens all letters and approved packages prior to being distributed, and any obscene material or prohibited items will be removed. Knowing how to address a letter to an inmate is important, and all letters and packages should be sent to the address below:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Housing Unit, Bed Assignment
Limestone Correctional Facility
28779 Nick Davis Rd
Harvest, AL 35749
Barriers To Contacting an Inmate At Limestone Correctional Facility
Sometimes one or more obstacles can prevent you from connecting with your loved one. Here are a few barriers that may delay or prevent you from successfully reaching an inmate at Limestone Correctional Facility:
- Scheduling Challenges: With visits only allowed until 1:30 on weekends, it may not be easy to find time for a face-to-face visit.
- Insufficient Information On Letters: Knowing how to address a letter to an inmate is important. Otherwise, your letter could get lost.
- Inability To Call Inmates Directly: You are not able to call an inmate at your leisure on a cell phone or direct line.
- Lack Of Familiarity With Letter Privileges: Not all letters and photos are allowed, so you must learn about writing letters to inmates.
- Calling Expenses: Americans spend over $1 billion annually on inmate phone calls, and many people go into debt to fund calls.
- Visitation Obstacles: There are a lot of rules and regulations to abide by and if you make one small mistake, you will be denied a visit.
The Stress-Free Way to Connect With an Inmate at Limestone Correctional Facility Via DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a fast, simple way to connect with a loved one at Limestone Correctional Facility. The DoNotPay app includes a feature called Connect With an Inmate that is quick and convenient to use. Here is a look at how the process unfolds:
First, Know WHO You Would Like To Contact
Before using the Connect With an Inmate feature, you will need the first and last name of the inmate you would like to contact.
Second, Know WHAT Information You Will Need To Use The Feature
- 1. The Name of the Correctional Facility or Prison
- 2. The Inmate's ID or Booking Number
- 3. The Unit Where the Inmate is Housed
Third, Decide HOW You Prefer To Connect
Now that you have the information you need, you can use the DoNotPay app to send a letter or create a virtual mailbox so you can easily receive mail. You can also choose to include a photo to share with your loved one.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Locate An Imprisoned Friend Or Loved One
You can start connecting with an inmate in 5 easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
How Else Can DoNotPay Make Life Easier For You?
Connecting with an inmate at Limestone Correctional Facility is just one of the many ways DoNotPay can make life easier for you. Here is a look at some of the many other tasks DoNotPay can help you accomplish with ease:
- Learn how to find an inmate pen pal
- Contest parking tickets
- Receive refunds from companies
- Resolve credit card issues
- Manage unpaid bills
- Receive compensation for a delayed airline flight
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships quickly
- Safeguard against copyright infringement
- Fight Email spam
- Seek compensation for robocalls
DoNotPay is your trusted, fast solution to many of today's most common challenges. We invite you to sign up today to start enjoying the many benefits DoNotPay has to offer.