How to Write a LexisNexis Dispute Report
You have discovered a negative item on your LexisNexis consumer report, and need to, but don't know how. DoNotPay can make it easier.
Having your information appear on a LexisNexis report carries just as much weight as that information appearing on Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion. They are frequently used by companies who decide whether to grant you a home loan or supply you with auto insurance. They help decide how high or low your credit score will be. As such, the information on their consumer credit report deserves your attention. Keep reading to learn more about LexisNexis and how to dispute any negative items they have listed for you.
When a negative item lands on your credit report, whether it be from Experian, Equifax, TransUnion, or LexisNexis, you always need to take a few minutes to make certain that it is a legitimate debt. Unfortunately, not all debt that appears as negative items on your credit report is correct. There can be discrepancies with the collection agency or an error with the initial creditor. Being a highly visible consumer credit reporting agency, LexisNexis is very capable of making mistakes. If you spot a negative item on your LexisNexis credit report that you do not believe to be yours, then you need to dispute it and have it removed.
If you are having trouble disputing negative items on your , DoNotPay can help solve your problem.
What Is LexisNexis?
LexisNexis is classified as a consumer reporting agency under both state and federal statutes of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
LexisNexis Risk Solutions collects data on consumers to report to companies whether they are credit-worthy or not. The data that they collect on consumers is more comprehensive than just your credit situation. LexisNexis tracks not only your credit history, but the state of your health, any court actions against you, and your trends in investments and spending. Their data can help companies decide whether they should do business with you. They are part of the reason you may be denied health insurance. They supply consumer reports with your data to:
- Health insurance companies
- Auto insurance companies
- Federal and State agencies
- Law enforcement
How to Get a Copy of Your LexisNexis Consumer Report
To obtain a copy of your LexisNexis Consumer report, you can either go to the LexisNexis website, by phone or by USPS mail.
To request a report via USPS mail, print out a consumer report request, and mail your completed report.:
|LexisNexis Risk Solutions Consumer Center
|PO Box 105108
Atlanta, GA 30348-5108
|1 (866) 897-8126
How to Dispute Items on a LexisNexis Consumer Report
Once you receive your LexisNexis Consumer Report, make sure you read it carefully and review it for errors.
- Request your consumer report from LexisNexis either online, by phone, or through US mail.
- Wait 15 days for your report to get back to you.
- Grab a cup of coffee and be prepared to read for a while. LexisNexis reports can be 50 pages long.
- Review all negative information on your report to make sure it is yours.
- Make notes of any discrepancies the report may show.
- To dispute information on the report, write LexisNexis a dispute letter.
- Enclose a copy of the report with your notes on it.
- Attach anything you have to support your allegations of errors on your report.
- Send the information to LexisNexis and wait for their response.
Next Steps If You Cannot Dispute Items on a LexisNexis Consumer Report on Your Own
Sometimes it can be difficult to prepare dispute correspondence with LexisNexis.
If you are having trouble combing through the information you received from LexisNexis and need help with your dispute, you can call them repeatedly, retain an attorney to help you, or you can visit DoNotPay.
How to Write a LexisNexis Dispute Letter with the Help of DoNotPay
When you realize that you need help with your , DoNotPay is standing by to help you.
With a simple click of a button, DoNotPay is standing by to help you with your LexisNexis Dispute letter. To get the help you need from DoNotPay, follow these simple instructions:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
Why Use DoNotPay to Write a LexisNexis Dispute Letter
DoNotPay knows the ins and outs of the credit industry. When you get their assistance with your dispute letter, you will find that DoNotPay is:
- Fast: You can get your dispute letter prepared for you in a fraction of the time it would take for you to do it yourself.
- Easy: It all starts with the click of a button.
- Successful: When DoNotPay prepares your dispute letter, you know it has been done right.
DoNotPay Helps Solve Problems across Every Area
DoNotPay can be a huge help in the area of cleaning up your credit, but that isn't all they do. DoNotPay can help you solve problems in every area.
DoNotPay can help you with the most basic of tasks as well as the most complicated. For example, if you are having trouble getting a copy of your birth certificate, DoNotPay can help you out. Trying to submit insurance claims? DoNotPay has you covered. Do you need to locate and complete any standardized legal documents? DoNotPay has access to all of them. Need online notary services? DoNotPay can help you with that as well.
In any area where you might need help solving a problem, DoNotPay has an easy solution. Visit DoNotPay.com today to learn more.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for Me?
DoNotPay has so many possible solutions to your problems in any area, just look at some of the other things they can do for you:
- File a case in small claims court.
- Help you consolidate your payday loans.
- Help you lower the APR on your credit cards.
- Help you increase your credit limit.
- Close those old bank accounts you don't need anymore.
- Get help reversing a financial aid decision.
- File for bankruptcy.
- Lower your property tax rates.
Visit DoNotPay today to see what else they can do for you. The possibilities are endless, and the solutions are just a click of a button away.