How to Stop Debt Collectors in 3 Easy Steps
The Lewis Group was a debt management and collections agency until the company was dissolved in 2019. One of several companies owned by international debt collection agency Hoist Finance, all of the Lewis Group collection accounts were passed to another Hoist Finance owned company, Robinson Way.
We will be taking a closer look at Robinson Way, what to do if you owe the Lewis Group, and what your rights are when dealing with debt collections in the UK. We will also discuss the Debt Help UK product from DoNotPay and the ways it can help you handle debt collection companies.
You can find out even more in these articles for the credit help UK product series:
- Who can get Amigo Loans refunds or Provident Loan refunds
- What to do if you owe Lowell Financial or Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- How Marston Group Holdings collects debt for other companies
- Dispute debt with DWP Debt Management
- Who Advantis Debt Collections collects debt for
Who Did the Lewis Group Collect Debt For?
The debt collections and recovery company purchased debt and collected debt on behalf of credit card companies, banks, retail stores, and others. If you were notified that you owed a debt to the Lewis Group, the debt is now owned by Robinson Way.
What Is Robinson Way?
Another international collections agency owned by Hoist Finance, Robinson Way collects debts from businesses or from individuals. Robinson Way collects debt owed to a wide range of creditors just like Lewis Group did:
- Retail shopping businesses
- Financial service providers
- Utility providers
- Home shopping businesses
- Credit card companies
Contact Information for Robinson Way
When you are ready to contact Robinson Way you can do so by post, by phone, or by email.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM until 8:30 PM and Saturday from 9 AM until 4 PM.
|Address||Robinson Way Limited, Carolina Way, Quays Reach, Salford, Manchester, M50 2ZY|
|Phone||0800 121 6902|
Do You Have to Pay What Robinson Way Says You Owe?
Never take the collector's word for it that you owe a debt. You have every right to demand that your debt be validated. If mistakes exist you can dispute the debt but you must follow the proper channels to do so.
If you do not make payment Robinson Way may be able to take your debt to the court. If the court grants a county court judgment then you may be forced to give up your property to satisfy the judgment.
How to Stop Debt Collectors From Violating Your Rights on Your Own
If debt collectors are harassing you or pursuing a debt that you have tried to dispute but did not know the proper steps for, keep reading to find out what steps you can take to stop debt collector harassment.
- Collect evidence- If you think your rights are being violated you should collect the evidence to support your claim. Keep detailed notes about the number of calls received, times of the day received, where you were called, and with who collectors discussed your debt. All of this information should be available to support your dispute claim.
- Contact the debt collection company- When disputing debt or debt collection practices you must first report the dispute to the debt collection company that the dispute is with. This can be done by creating a demand letter instructing the company to stop harassing collection practices. If you fail to get a response and harassment continues you can escalate the dispute.
- Contact the Financial Ombudsman- The Financial Ombudsman will conduct an investigation to determine what happened and if the collection agency has violated your rights they may be liable for compensating you.
- Contact the collection agency trade organization- Collection agencies must follow the guidelines that the trade organization has agreed on. Robinson Way follows the guidelines of the Credit Service Association Code of Practices and the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK. They also follow the European Banking Regulations and the Swedish Financial Conduct Authority.
Get Help From DoNotPay to Stop Debt Collectors From Violating Your Rights
With the Debt Help UK product you can put a stop to collector harassment, get debt verification, or report collectors who violate your rights. Whatever you need to do, you can do it quickly, easily, and successfully with DoNotPay.
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
Can You Take Debt Collectors to Court?
If all else fails and Robinson Way or are still harassing you, you may have grounds to take them to small claims court. With the small claims court product created by DoNotPay, you get the forms to file your claim and a sample court dialogue so that you are prepared to appear in court.
You Can Get More Done With DoNotPay
Would you rather save money or time? If that is a hard choice for you to make you are in luck because with DoNotPay you do not have to choose–you get both!
Save money and time quickly, easily, and successfully with the products from DoNotPay.
- No more missing money after accepting free trials.
- Learn how to cancel services or subscriptions so you do not get charged.
- Discover the easiest way to pay bills online.
- If you cannot increase your credit limit, you can file a complaint.
- Where can you find help with bills?