Everything You Need to Know About Applying for Lewis County Building Permits
If you're doing a big home renovation project in Lewis County, WA, you're probably going to need building permits for it. But the process of getting these can be confusing and tricky if you're not a certified professional. That's where DoNotPay comes in: by helping you apply for and get your building permit, DoNotPay can prevent you from being the subject of disciplinary action from the county. This action can cause costly delays and massive setbacks on your construction project.
Reasons to Get a Building Permit in Lewis County
There are a lot of reasons to get a building permit in Lewis County. Having a building permit will:
- Save you money in the long run, as property insurers like to see building permits when needed
- Improve the safety of your property
- Help protect your property value
- Make selling your property much easier if you decide to sell it
- Keep you in good graces with your homeowner's association
How to Get a Building Permit in Lewis County
If your construction is being performed by licensed contractors, they'll probably take care of the building permits for you. However, if you are doing your project yourself, you may feel like you're on your own. This post lists the requirements to get a .
What Are the Required Documents for a Building Permit?
To get a building permit in Lewis County, you need :
- A master site review application for any new construction
- The completed building permit application
- Any applicable addendums to the building permit application, such as the energy code worksheet, flood permit application, and fill and grade permit application. These applications can be found on the Lewis County Community Development website.
These forms need to be sent to the Permit Center in Chehalis, whose address is later on in this post. You won't be allowed to start work on your project until the building permit is submitted and approved, which could take two to four weeks. This is why it's important to plan ahead for your big projects.
Who Do I Contact to Get a Building Permit in Lewis County?
If you have questions about getting a building permit in Lewis County, WA, you can contact the Permit Center at (360) 740-1146 or visit them at:
2025 NE Kresky Ave
Chehalis, WA 98532
The Community Development office is open between 8 AM and 4 PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
What Fees Are Associated With Getting a Lewis County Building Permit?
Building permit fees in Lewis County are charged per square foot of the project. This can range from $4.50 per square foot for prefabricated carports and plastic greenhouses to $77.82 per square foot for masonry. Lewis County Community Development has an Excel spreadsheet as a cost calculator on their website.
How to Get a Lewis County Building Permit With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to apply for a building permit in Lewis County but don 't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Get your paperwork together in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Lewis County Building Permit
There are a lot of forms required in order to get a building permit in Lewis County . With DoNotPay, you can take care of all of them at once and make sure they 're all done correctly. It is:
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to get a building permit.|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in getting a permit.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.|
DoNotPay is also the most effective way to get a building permit: you can even apply for planning permissions with your homeowner's association within the app.
DoNotPay Works in All Cities With the Touch of a Button
Whether you 're in Palm Beach County or Sarasota , Chicago , or Los Angeles , DoNotPay does the hard work to get your building permits without the hassle and frustration. The app even works with your homeowner's association so you don't have to do your big DIY project entirely by yourself.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can do so much more than help you with building permits. Here are just a few of the things DoNotPay can do for you:
- Help you notarize any document
- Reduce your property taxes
- File claims with your insurance company
- See if your vehicle has been recalled
- Establish a power of attorney
And much, much more! Find out what DoNotPay can do for you today.