Legal Templates.net Review: Is It Legit?
When looking at reviews for a company, it can be hard to tell what's legitimate and what isn't. Companies often pay people to write good reviews for them even if they've never actually been or have experience in what they're talking about. That being said, are LegalTemplates.net reviews accurate?
Don't fret if you're not sure whether the ratings are accurate and/or if you don't want to have to do some extensive research on the topic. DoNotPay can do it for you! We'll tell you all about the companies and how accurate their reviews are.
What is LegalTemplates.net?
LegalTemplates.net is a website designed to help people fill out legal documents. It was launched in 2015 and markets itself as being affordable to everyone. According to reviews, it's helpful to everyone, giving people a step-by-step document builder to craft documents for businesses, real estate, last wills, and/or renting out an apartment. It can be especially helpful to those who have no experience in the legal field.
How Much Does LegalTemplates.net Charge?
LegalTemplates.net definitely isn't the most expensive platform for legal documents on the internet. They do offer a free trial, with the trial lasting seven days and it will automatically renew if you don't cancel before the end of it. They do not send a reminder.
Once the free trial ends, you'll be charged $39.95 a month with the option to cancel your subscription at any time. Capterra, a website that provides more information on different software, says plans start at $19.95/month and can go up to $59.95/month depending on the document(s) you need, and this information is confirmed by LegalTemplates. If you pay annually, the price drops to $7.99/month.
|Trial Plan||Lasts seven days; unlimited access to all legal documents; unlimited MS Word/PDF downloads; cancel anytime|
|Annual Plan||Unlimited access to all legal documents; unlimited MS Word/PDF downloads; cancel anytime; automatically renews|
|Single Document||Best if you only wish to download one document; unlimited access to one legal document; price depends on the document; unlimited MS Word/PDF downloads for one document.|
How to Sign Up for LegalTemplates.net
Signing up for LegalTemplates.net isn't a complicated process. It's rather easy if you can figure out the website. It is a little difficult to figure out where to go since the pricing and about pages aren't a main link on the home page, but you can quickly find these links at the bottom of the home page.
To sign up for LegalTemplates.net:
- Go to legaltemplates.net.
- Scroll to the bottom of the homepage and click on "pricing".
- Select your desired plan.
- Choose whether you'd like to sign up with your email, Facebook, or Google account.
- You'll then be asked to select your free trial type if you've chosen to sign up for one.
- Enter your billing information.
- And then click "place secure order."
- That's it! Now you can start using LegalTemplates.net
The Benefits of LegalTemplates.net
There are a lot of benefits to using LegalTemplates.net, but that doesn't mean the software is perfect. However, it may be just what you need if you don't often work with legal documents.
Here are the advantages of using LegalTemplates.net:
- BBB Accredited
- 4.8 stars on Trustpilot
- Choose from a wide variety of Real Estate, Business, and Personal/Family forms
- Easy to sign up
- More affordable than other legal template websites
- Unlimited downloads of your needed documents
- Single use or unlimited access subscription available
- Step-by-step instructions
Is LegalTemplates.net Legit?
LegalTemplates.net is a legitimate website with legal templates that have been approved and revised by licensed attorneys. Their templates can be very beneficial to those who need them, but not everything is as it seems. While some people may love using the website and its available templates, many of the reviews are less than stellar, with many positive reviews appearing to be somewhat sketchy.
For every negative review, ten or more positive reviews are posted that seem to try and refute the negative comments previously made. That being said, many of the positive reviews are likely fake.
Some LegalTemplates.net Reviews
Trustpilot and SiteJabber are popular websites used to leave reviews for businesses, and both websites show an overall rating above 4 stars. At first glance, this makes the business seem like something you can trust, but don't be fooled.
Most positive reviews don't leave a comment other than "easy to use" or "free", which is already a huge red flag. Nearly every positive review is a sort of "clapback" to the negative reviews left. This doesn't mean all of the positive reviews are fake, but it does seem like a lot of them are.
What the negative reviews say:
- Poor customer service
- Company makes it hard to cancel the free trial
- The website advertises the service as free when it's not
- Unresponsive customer service
- Promises made by LegalTemplates that aren't followed through
- Difficult to use
- Collects data to sell
- Inability to download certain documents
- Locked out of account and can't recover it
- Company refuses to cancel your free trial
- Canceled the service and kept getting billed
What the positive reviews say:
- Amazing and helpful customer service
- Easy to cancel
- Easy to use
- "Clear and concise instructions"
- No issues
- User friendly
Considering the obvious contradictions, most of the positive reviews are likely not legit.
Cancel Your LegalTemplates.net Subscription with DoNotPay
Since the majority of unhappy customers claim that a subscription to LegalTemplates is difficult to cancel, DoNotPay is happy to handle that for you. Instead of trying to reach the unresponsive and unhelpful customer service team of the business, enlist the help of DoNotPay to do it for you.
Here’s how to cancel in 3 steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on canceling your subscription! We'll even try to get a refund on your behalf.
What Can You Use Instead of LegalTemplates.net? Try DoNotPay!
If you're worried about finding another resource for standardized legal documents, don't worry! DoNotPay can cancel your subscription if you have one, and they can help you with those confusing legal documents instead. They won't try to scam you like other websites try to.
Here's what to do:
- Go to your browser and go to the DoNotPay site.
- Enter the name of the document you wish to create or select from our extensive list!
- Answer the questions the chatbot asks.
- We'll create a contract for you instantly.
Always sign or notarize the contract to make it official! You can even get the document notarized on DoNotPay!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Some of these businesses aren't something you subscribe to, but there are still helpful articles to look at when trying to figure out if you can trust a website or company. DoNotPay has helpful reviews on many businesses including the following:
DoNotPay can do almost anything. There's no need to fret when it comes to canceling a subscription, signing up for a free trial, skipping the customer service line, and/or negotiating a hotel bill. With such a versatile and easy-to-use online lawyer with legitimate reviews, don't waste any time and sign up for DoNotPay today!