The #1 Way to Reach Inmates at Leath Correctional Institution
Leath Correctional Institution is a women's correctional facility in Greenwood, South Carolina, opened in 1991. It is a level three facility, meaning that it is equivalent to a maximum-security prison. It holds up to a maximum of 968 female inmates who are provided with mental health services and routine medical and dental care.
Leath Correctional Institution offers educational courses to inmates to learn how to read and gain skills in electrical, painting, HVAC, tiling, plumbing, sheetrock, and masonry. Additionally, inmates are employed in a t-shirt manufacturing plant and an operation that produces braille textbooks.
The facility offers religious services for all faiths, addiction counseling group therapy, anger management, job readiness, creative writing workshop, alcoholics anonymous, violence prevention, character arts program, and impact of crime program.
Where is Leath Correctional Institution Located?
Leath Correctional Institution is located just east of Greenwood County airport. You can contact the facility in the following ways:
|Physical Address||Leath Correctional Institution,
2809 Airport Road,
Greenwood, SC 29649
|Inmate Mailing Address||Inmate name and ID number
Leath Correctional Institution
2809 Airport Road
Greenwood, SC 29649
How to Contact Inmates at Leath Correctional Institution
Every correctional facility has its own rules. Here are the guidelines for contacting inmates at the Leath Correctional Institution.
During the Covid 19 pandemic, visitations to inmates in Leath Correctional Institution were prohibited, but recently, visitors are slowly being allowed back. Visitation is through a defined schedule, and visitors must be pre-approved before visiting.
They must apply for visitation and get reviewed through a background check before they can be allowed in. Visitation hours are from 10:30 am to 7:30 pm, and visitors must comply with strict dressing, punctuality, and luggage rules.
Sending and Receiving Mails
Inmates are allowed to receive and send mails, but you are restricted from receiving money, stamps, food, and papers. All mail must be opened and inspected before handing them to the inmate. Sometimes, the officers might read the mails if they suspect any illegal activity. If you intend to send mail to an inmate, make sure to include their name, Id, and postal address of Leath correctional institution.
Inmates in Leath Correctional Institution are allowed to make outgoing prepaid and collect calls. All calls are monitored and recorded and can be discontinued if considered suspicious. Prepaid calls are slightly discounted over collect calls and are billed at a flat rate every 15 minutes.
The phone service provider in Leath Correctional Services is the GTL (Global Tel*Link) Connect Network, and inmates can reduce their phone bills by setting up an account with them.
Most correctional services in South Carolina, including Leath, use a centralized bank system. Family and friends of the inmates can deposit to the inmate's trust account by internet, phone, walk-in, or mail.
Before sending money to the inmate, include The Inmates name, Identification Number, and name of the correctional institution. If you make a walk-in deposit at any MoneyGram location, you will be charged a fee of $4.95. The amount charged in the other transactions depends on how much you transact.
Difficulties you May Experience Contacting Loved Ones in Correctional Institutions
It’s not easy to connect with an inmate. Here’s what you can encounter:
- Inaccessibility of the facility as some are located in the middle of nowhere.
- Expensive phone rates make communicating difficult
- Visitor's restriction
- Long waiting time for the approval of visiting time
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
If you are trying to connect with a loved one in a correctional facility but are not sure which facility they are in, DoNotPay can help you if you follow the steps below:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
DoNotPayWorks Across Other Entities
Using DoNotPay, you can also help you with other challenges in connecting with an inmate like:
- Writing a letter to a prisoner
- Finding prison pen-pals
- Learning about inmate visitation rules
- Addressing a letter to an inmate
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you connect with an inmate is not the only thing that DoNotPay can help you with. By signing up to DoNotPay today, you can get access to products that can help you with:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Contesting parking tickets
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Dealing with bills you are can't pay
- Getting robocalls revenge
- Suing in small claims court
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment