The Easiest Way to Connect With an Inmate at the Lawrence Correctional Center
If you have a friend or family member in the Lawrence Correctional Center but you are not sure how to connect with them, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay has developed a new product Connect with an Inmate that makes it easy and quick to locate and connect with your loved one while they are at the Lawrence Correctional Center.
Where Is the Lawrence Correctional Center?
The Lawrence Correctional Center is a medium security prison located in Sumner, Illinois. It currently can house over 2,380 adult male prisoners. As part of the Illinois Department of Corrections system, it has been open since 2001. It houses both short and long-term prisoners. Approximately 250 people work at Lawrence Correctional Center in security and non-security positions.
|Lawrence Correctional Center Contact Information|
|Address||Lawrence Correctional Center
10940 Lawrence Road
Sumner, IL 62466
|Phone number||(618) 936-2064|
|Warden||Dr. Deanna Brookhart|
What Are the Ways to Connect With an Inmate at Lawrence Correctional Center?
There are several ways to connect with an inmate at Lawrence Correctional Center. It just depends on what kind of connection you are wanting to make. Each way has its own set of rules and regulations that you need to know ahead of time in order for your connection to be successful.
If you are wanting to visit an inmate, there are some things you should know.
- You must be on the offender's approved visitation list to be able to visit them. This list is the responsibility of the inmate and he is responsible for advising you if you are on the list and arranging visits. You can check to see if you are on the list by sending a letter to the inmate. The staff will not be responsible for letting you know and will not be able to advise you if you call the center.
- On your first visit, all adults must complete a Prospective Visitor's Interview form. You can download the form and bring it in on your first visit.
- In-person visitation hours are Sunday through Saturday 8:00am – 10:30am; 10:45am – 1:15pm; 1:30pm - 4:00pm and 4:30pm – 7:00pm
- You will be required to show proof of vaccination, an approved exemption, or a vaccination exemption under review by the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- You must sign up at least seven days in advance.
- It is important to dress properly, expect an inspection of any items brought into the center, and be on time for your visit.
- Any contraband brought into the facility can be seized and is punishable by law.
You can write to an inmate at Lawrence Correctional Center as long as the mail contains no contraband. You must include the inmate's name and ID number on the envelope. Other things to be aware of:
- The mailing address is the Inmate Name and DOC Number on the first line of the envelope, Lawrence Correctional Center, 10940 Lawrence Road, Sumner, Il, 62466
- Do not place items in the letter and do not put stickers on the envelope.
- When writing letters to inmates, keep in mind that all mail is opened, inspected, and read before giving it to the inmate.
- Inmates may receive books and photos, so long as the photos are 4x6 or smaller and contain no nudity.
Calling an Inmate
Inmates are not allowed to receive calls. However, offenders may call you if you are on their approved call list. To get on the list, write to the inmate to request to be added. They can call you collect or use our third-party call provider to pay for the calls.
Calls will be recorded and monitored.
If the inmate is part of the general population, they are allowed up to four video visitations per week but no more than one in a 24-hour period.
- You must register with Global Tel Link (GTL), the provider, prior to the video visit.
- Video Visitation Hours are Sundays through Saturdays 8:00am – 11:00am; 12:00pm – 3:30pm; 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
- Video visitation must be scheduled one week prior to the visitation.
- Only scheduled and approved visitors may appear in the video.
This is So Confusing! How Can DoNotPay Help?
DoNotPay makes it fast and easy to locate your loved one and make a connection. Here is all you have to do!
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
That's all there is to it! DoNotPay is your resource for solving problems and getting rid of stress! Let us help you today!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay makes it easy and efficient to manage tasks such as:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement