LawDepot vs LegalZoom: What's Different? Which is Better?
LawDepot was established in 2001, and the first document they helped create was a Promissory note. The company now offers over 150 document templates, and its services are accessible all over the U.S. LawDepot has a Help Center you can refer to for support.
LegalZoom was founded in 2001 as an online legal company, and its first services focused on IP protection, real estate planning, and business formation. The company now offers expert tax advice, family law services, and accounting solutions such as prep and filing. Similarly, LegalZoom has a Contact Page with their support information and FAQs.
Numerous benefits come with using online legal services to generate standardized documents. The services are cheap compared to hiring a lawyer, and you get the services with just a few clicks. Read on to learn more about the comparison between LawDepot vs. LegalZoom and how DoNotPay offers a fast and more reliable way to generate legal document samples and templates.
What Are the Legal Services Offered by LegalZoom vs LawDepot?
Here is a brief comparison of the legal services between LawDepot vs. Legalzoom.
Typically, LawDepot mainly majors in providing legal documents but does not offer comprehensive legal services and is thus not ideal for anyone requiring legal advice. The company can help you create the following legal documents samples and templates:
- Estate: Revocable living trust, power of attorney, living will, and last will and testament
- Real estate: Contractual for deed or land contract, residential and commercial lease agreement, quitclaim deed, and an eviction notice.
- Financial services: Purchase business agreement, bill of sale, promissory note, sales agreement, and loan agreement.
- Business: Business plan, purchase of the business agreement, LLC operating agreement, and confidentiality agreement.
- Family: Child medical consent, separation agreement, and prenuptial agreement.
LegalZoom helps you validate and enforce legal documents and can connect you with a lawyer for advice. The primary legal documents samples and templates offered by LegalZoom include
- Business: Registration documents for LLC, Corporation, nonprofit and sole proprietorship. These are mainly documents to help you run and protect your business, including contracts and agreements, business licenses, annual reports, trademark registration, monitoring and search, copyright registration, and provisional patent.
- Wills and trusts: Estate plan bundle, living trust, power of attorney, and living will.
- Family documents templates and samples: Divorce and name change.
- Real estate: Residential lease and property deed transfer.
Learn the Pros and Cons of LawDepot and LegalZoom
Below are the main advantages and disadvantages you might encounter while using the two legal service companies.
|Pros||The advantages of using LawDepot include
||The main advantages of using online legal services from LegalZoom include
|Cons||According to customer reviews on Reddit, the main disadvantage of using LawDepot is that the platform allows users to fill in legal documents independently. This means that the platform does not offer any legal advice, and due to this, it is easy for one to miss some vital details on contracts or documents.||The disadvantages of using LegalZoom include:
Let DoNotPay Help You Create Legal Document Templates and Samples
DoNotPay offers a straightforward and affordable way to create legal document templates and samples, including a personalized contract. Our platform has a user-friendly interface that allows you to complete your task in less than two minutes. All you are required to do is to follow the steps below, and we will complete the rest on your behalf.
- Go to your browser and go to the DoNotPay site.
- Enter the name of the document you wish to create or select from our extensive list!
- Answer the questions the chatbot asks.
- We'll create a contract for you instantly.
And that's it! We will create a comprehensive contract you can sign or notarize to make it official.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Creating a personalized contract is not the only thing that DoNotPay can help you do. Our product can help you review other companies, including
Sign up today and let us help you create legal document templates and samples within the shortest time possible.