All You Need To Know About the Latvia Tourist Visa
Can you visit Latvia without a tourist visa? DoNotPay explains the entry requirements of the land of 12,000 lakes and 3,000 rivers and offers information about whether a Latvia tourist visa is necessary to enter the country!
Is a Latvia Tourist Visa Necessary if You’re From the U.S.?
No, Latvia allows U.S. citizens and passport holders to stay in the country for up to 90 days within six months without having to apply for a tourist visa.
Despite not needing a Latvia tourist visa, the country requires you to provide the following to be granted entry:
- A U.S. passport, the validity of which must exceed the duration of your stay by at least three months
- A health insurance policy
- The QR code you receive after you complete the mandatory COVIDpass form
If you want to stay longer than 90 days, you will have to contact the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs in Latvia to obtain a temporary residence permit.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Latvia because of the previous high presence of the virus and the increased number of infected people in the country. Despite being labeled as a high-risk country, Latvia allows entrance to tourists under the following conditions:
- Travelers aged 11 or older must provide a negative PCR test taken no longer than 72 hours before arrival
- Tourists can avoid PCR testing if they provide proof of
- Recovery from the virus
- Passengers who test positive for COVID-19 on arrival will have to pay for their self-isolation accommodation
At the time of writing this article, a PCR test costs about €29 (or around $35) in Latvia.
Since new cases are on the low, Latvia is likely to alleviate some of the restrictions, but you should check the website of the Latvian Embassy for any updates.
Take a look at the following table to find contact information for all Latvian diplomatic missions in the United States:
|Diplomatic Mission||Phone Number||Address|
|Embassy of Latvia in Washington DCsfirstname.lastname@example.org||2306 Massachusetts Ave., NW Washington DC 20008|
|Latvian Honorary Consulate in Houstonemail@example.com||# 5120 Woodway Drive, Suite 5004
Houston, TX 77057
|Latvian Honorary Consulate in Margatefirstname.lastname@example.org||3122 West Buena Vista Drive
Margate FL 33063
|Latvian Honorary Consulate in Chicagoemail@example.com||# 230 W. Monroe Street, Suite 1125
Chicago, IL 60606
|Latvian Honorary Consulate in Mariettafirstname.lastname@example.org||3225 Shallowford Road
Marietta, Georgia 30062
|Latvian Honorary Consulate in Los Angelesemail@example.com||4501 Birch Street, Suite B
Newport Beach, CA 92660
|Consulate of Latvia in New York||917 402 firstname.lastname@example.org||35 Christopher Street, Suite 1D
New York, NY 10014
DoNotPay—your virtual assistant—is a reliable source you can turn to when you need up-to-date information about any tourist visa in the world. Not only do we provide essential resources for your tourist visa application, but we also check for the fastest application method available so you can secure your tourist visa before your vacation.
Our app will:
- Check whether your next destination requires a tourist visa
- Inform you about the allowed duration of your stay if a tourist visa is not necessary
- Walk you through the required paperwork to ensure you have everything you need
- Contact the country’s embassy to inquire about remote application options and provide you with a direct link if there is one
To get the latest information about the tourist visa for Latvia or any other European country, follow these steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Access the Tourist Visa Gude feature
- Enter your next destination
Take a look at the table below to learn more about interesting locations you should visit and local dishes you must try in Latvia:
|Interesting Locations||Parks and Beaches||Local Dishes|
Subscribe to DoNotPay to ensure smooth sailing with any European tourist visa application. The following table contains only a fraction of the European countries whose entry requirements we explained in detail:
We are dedicated to providing solutions to difficult and time-consuming tasks you may have on your to-do list. If you are struggling to reduce your monthly bills, contest parking tickets, or set DMV appointments, DoNotPay will help you do it in no time!
We have also created numerous easy-to-use features that can make the following procedures run smoothly:
- Getting rid of email and text spam
- Skipping phone queues when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Entering any sweepstake
- Filing FOIA requests
- Composing legal documents, such as powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
- Taking and editing your passport photos
Do you feel like you have been played by a company? Instead of wasting your time writing requests, demand a chargeback or refund or claim a warranty via DoNotPay! If the company doesn’t seem too cooperative and keeps refusing to return your money, our app can assist you in suing it in small claims court.