How To Get Your Lake Texoma Fishing License
On the Oklahoma-Texas border, at the confluence of the Red and Washita Rivers, lies one of the largest fish-filled man-made reservoirs in the USA. If you live close to Lake Texoma or are one of the 6-9 million annual visitors, you MUST ACQUIRE a Lake Texoma fishing license to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime fishing adventure.
Crappie, catfish, bluegill, smallmouth bass, sand bass, black bass, and the highlight of Texoma fish, striped bass, offer all anglers a fishing experience of a lifetime. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to acquire a Lake Texoma fishing license, especially if you are new to the area. The procedure could be complex, the requirements aplenty, and because it is on the border of two states, things like where to get a fishing license could get quite confusing.
If you want to get your Lake Texoma fishing license but don't know where to start, here is everything you need to know about choosing the right license and how to acquire one in just three easy steps.
Who is Eligible to Get a Lake Texoma Fishing License?
Having a regular Texas or Oklahoma fishing license is not enough. Anyone between the ages of 16 and 65 should have a Lake Texoma fishing license. A Lake Texoma fishing license gives you permission to access the whole lake.
All residents and non-residents are eligible and must comply with the licensing requirements to fish in the lake. However, there are some exceptions, as highlighted below.
The following residents do not require a license to fish in Lake Texoma.
- A person born before January 1, 1931.
- A person under 17 years of age.
- A person with an intellectual disability. They need to fish under the supervision of a licensed angler and need to carry a doctor's note stating their diagnosis.
- A person with an intellectual disability fishing as part of medically approved therapy and under direct supervision. They should carry an authorization that identifies the organization supporting the service.
Licenses are not required for the following non-residents:
- Non-residents under 17 years of age.
- Oklahoma resident 65 years of age or older.
- Louisiana resident 65 years of age or older who has a valid Louisiana Recreational Fishing License.
Types of Fishing Licenses in Lake Texoma, Oklahoma
There are different types of fishing licenses in Lake Texoma, Oklahoma. They include:
- Fishing guide license
- Disability fishing
- Lifetime senior citizen fishing
- Paddlefish permit
- Annual fishing
- Two-Day fishing
- Youth annual fishing
- 5-year fishing
- Lifetime fishing
There are also combination licenses for both hunting and fishing. More information on these combination licenses can be found on the Oklahoma wildlife department website.
Regrettably, fishing license Type 208 has no lifetime option. You have to renew it once it expires at the end of every year.
Lake Texoma Fishing License Costs
The price of fishing licenses, Lake Texoma Type 208 license excluded, for Texas and Oklahoma vary depending on age and whether you are a resident or not. Lake Texoma fishing license is the same for all ages and both states, costing you $12 per year.
The other licenses' costs are broken down below.
|License type||Resident||Non-Resident||Senior Resident|
|All-Water License - Year||$40.00||$68.00||$22.00|
|One-Day All-Water License||$11.00||$16.00||N/A|
How to Acquire a Fishing License on Your Own
You can purchase a Lake Texoma fishing license online from whichever state you are in. Government websites can be outdated and difficult to navigate. Be sure to read everything carefully because there are specific requirements and procedures to getting your fishing license. Failing to comply and follow each step by step could lead to denial of the license.
You can also purchase your license in person from retailers such as Academy, Walmart, and other fishing tackle and bait shops around the Lake in both states. But, give yourself plenty of time to wait in lines and keep in mind, the associates may not be educated with fishing license information. Whatever channel you decide to purchase it through, it costs $12 and is valid until December 31st of the current year.
But luckily, there are alternatives if you can't or won't do it yourself.
The Foolproof Way to Get Your Lake Texoma Fishing License
If the above methods seem like a hassle, or you just prefer having someone else take care of the details for you, it is time you look into DoNotPay’s fishing license app. It is the most convenient way to get your Lake Texoma fishing license. You only need to choose which license you want, pay the fee, and it will handle the rest.
How to Get Your Fishing License with the Help of DoNotPay
To successfully get your fishing license the fast and easy way, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
Viola! You are done! DoNotPay will get the fishing license on your behalf which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license. A physical copy will be processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Fishing License
- It is fast - You do not have to spend hours trying to find information about the licensing requirements of your state. In less than ten minutes, you will have submitted your application.
- It is Easy - As mentioned above, it takes only three steps to apply for your fishing license. You won't have to fill out tedious forms and keep track of all the steps to apply and acquire your fishing license.
- It is Successful - With satisfied customers and years of experience on our side, you can rest assured that your application for a fishing license will go through. You won't have to apply again.
What Else Can DoNotPay Handle For You?
Helping you acquire your Lake Texoma fishing license is just the scratch off the surface of what DoNotPay can do for you. Here are some of the other things it can do to make your life easier:
- Get any state fishing license online
- Obtain a saltwater fishing license
- Parking tickets disputes
- Credit cards
- Warranty claims
- Sex offender search
- Finding unclaimed money
- Chargebacks and refunds
This list is not exhaustive. DoNotPay solves a very wide range of problems. Therefore, if you have any problem, make sure to check out whether DoNotPay can solve it for you!
It's a shame that some anglers miss out on the experience that Lake Texoma has to offer. It has produced a number of record fish such as Paul Easley's 254-lb 12-oz trophy gar, enough to inspire some quite interesting fish tales.
To ensure you don't miss out on this experience, you need the fishing license app that will simplify the procedure for you and ensure you get your license.
Are you ready to start fishing? Get your Lake Texoma license immediately through DoNotPay!