Get More from Your Summer with a Lake Michigan Fishing License
You'll be missing out on Michigan's Great Lakes famous yellow perch and salmon if you try to fish without your fishing license. Plus, it's illegal and you could incur a hefty fine or imprisonment. With DoNotPay's fishing license solution, soon you can be sitting pretty on a Lake Michigan charter getting your picture taken with that big coho salmon that almost got away.
It's quick and easy to buy your all-species Lake Michigan Fishing License. No matter what age you are, whether you want a spring-to-spring annual fishing license or want to buy one for just a day, DoNotPay is the hassle-free license resource you've been waiting for.
Who Can Get a Lake Michigan Fishing License?
No one aged 17 or over can fish without a license in Michigan. Fishing without a license is punishable by up to 90 days of imprisonment and a fine between $25 and $250.
Non-residents must adhere to all Michigan's fishing rules and regulations and may purchase either an annual license or a daily license. Anglers under the age of 17 may fish without a license as long as there's a fully-licensed adult fishing with them. Youth age 16 and under may purchase a voluntary annual, all-species license.
What are the Different Types of Fishing Licenses?
Since there are only freshwater lakes in Michigan, you won't need to bother with a saltwater fishing license. The State of Michigan's Department of Natural Resources has several types of resident and nonresident fishing licenses available:
- Annual all-species resident
- Annual all-species senior: 65 and older or legally blind
- Annual all-species youth: voluntary license for residents under the age of 17
- 24-hour all-species resident: you set the date and the time for your license to start
- Annual all-species nonresident
- Annual all-species youth: voluntary license for nonresidents under the age of 17
- 24-hour all-species nonresident: you set the date and time for your license to begin
Lake Michigan Fishing License Costs
Listed below are the fishing license costs for both residents and nonresidents:
|Annual all-species resident||$26|
|Annual all-species non-resident||$76|
|Annual all-species senior*||$11|
|Voluntary annual all-species youth||$2|
|24-hour all-species license||$10|
|Lifetime resident fishing license||$220|
|Lifetime salmon and trout license||$220|
*65 and older or legally blind, Michigan residents only
Lifetime fishing licenses remain valid even if you become a nonresident. Adding on a comprehensive lifetime fishing license to a lifetime sportsman license is just $25 for a total of $1025.
How Can I Get a Lake Michigan Fishing License on My Own?
There are three options for you to buy an electronic version of the Lake Michigan Fishing License from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources:
1. If you already have an account with the MDNR, you will need to sign in with your username and password. This allows you to do a number of tasks:
- Purchase, view, and print your fishing licenses
- Manage your customer information
- See your purchase history, reprint or replace lost licensing
- Setup auto-renewals for select fishing licenses
2. If you have yet to create an account with the MDNR, you will have to register for one:
- Create a username: Your user ID must be at least 6 characters, containing upper and lower case letters, numbers (0-9), and the following special symbols (_-@.!#$^&*()+\/<>,?;:=`~).
- Create a password: Your password must be at least 8 characters long and include upper or lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. You must include 3 out of the 4. The special characters can only be ((!$#,%@~^&*_-+=><).
- You also must recall if you've ever had a Michigan fishing license before, even as a kid, and tick the box yes or no.
3. If you don't want to create a MDNR account, you will need to use a form of identification and your birthdate in order to purchase, view, and print your Lake Michigan fishing license or to manage your customer profile.
You will have to provide your driver's license or state ID number, your Sportcard number, or your MDNR customer number. Then you will have to choose what state you live in before providing your birthdate. It's a lot of private information! If you're not in the system, you will have to register as a New Customer.
What If I Can't Get My Lake Michigan Fishing License on My Own?
If you cannot access the Michigan Department of Natural Resources electronic licensing site, you will have to do some research and find a brick-and-mortar store that sells fishing licenses, usually a hardware or sporting goods store. Some major grocery superstores will also sell fishing licenses. Make sure to bring proof of residency and age, like a driver's license, state ID, or sportsman card. The fees will be the same as online licensing.
Don't want the hassle of finding a Michigan fishing license location, standing around in a store waiting for your license, or having to remember login information for a website you rarely use? Fortunately, there is an alternative solution.
Can DoNotPay Streamline the Process for Me?
You bet! Not only can DoNotPay get you an e-license immediately, but you will also get a physical Lake Michigan fishing license mailed to you without ever having to set foot in a store. It's quick and easy!
How to Get Your Lake Michigan Fishing License Using DoNotPay
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
Why Use DoNotPay to Purchase Your Lake Michigan Fishing License?
With DoNotPay, you'll get an e-license and a physical license. DoNotPay also offers other benefits:
- It saves you time. No more driving around to find a store selling fishing licenses. DoNotPay does it for you.
- It saves you the hassles of remembering login information.
- It's easy, secure, and successful every time. No worries!
DoNotPay Works for All States with the Click of a Button
DoNotPay makes paying for many types of products fast and easy—and it's not just for fishing licenses, either. DoNotPay is your one-stop-shop for products, bill payments, and all things personal and financial, no matter what state you live in.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for me?
You name it, we can help you do it!
- Do you need a passport photo?
- How about paying your bills online?
- Do you need to close bank accounts?
- Do you want to increase your credit limit?
We thrive on providing solutions to problems. These are but a few of the ways we can help you save time and frustration doing the things you need every day