How to Remove Knight Adjustment Bureau Collections From Your Credit Report
If you are faced with collection accounts that are bringing your credit score down, you may be considering paying for the account in full. If collection accounts are held by a collection agency such as Knight Adjustment Bureau, you may want to think twice before making payment on the account. is a legitimate collection agency registered with the BBB, but are you sure the debt in question is yours?
Not only are fraud and identity theft major issues, but there is the possibility of data errors and misinformation. These factors make it more important than ever to double-check the facts before accepting that the debt is yours to pay. You have a legal right to be provided with proof that a debt is owed by you if you request it, but many people do not know how to begin to ask for validation of a debt. We will show you how you can request validation of debt from KAB or any reporting collection agency.
- Learn how to remove late payments from your credit report.
- Write a credit dispute letter.
- Find out how you can improve your credit score.
- Want to know how to remove inquiries from credit reports?
Who is KAB?
is a collection agency located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company was started 60 years ago to assist other businesses with recovering money owed on delinquent accounts. Like all collection agencies, buys the delinquent accounts at a reduced price and then they work to recover the debt. Many debt collection agencies have bad reputations. KAB has managed to stay in good standing with the BBB and continues collecting even as other companies have been closed for bad collection methods. You can contact KAB here:
|Mailing Address||5525 S 900 E Ste # 215
Salt Lake City, UT 84117
|Phone Number||801-531-7251 or 800-748-4113|
|For Questions or Comments||Email FAQs|
Reasons for Disputing a KAB Collection Account
You do not have money to waste on debt you do not owe and fraud has become a major problem. If you see accounts on your credit report that look unfamiliar, you must ask that the debt be validated. If the account is not yours, you can then dispute the account. Common reasons for disputing a collection account include errors or false information, identity theft, and accounts that have passed the statute of limitation.
Dispute a KAB Collection Account on Your Own
These are steps you can take to dispute an account in collection.
- Validate it- Asking KAB to provide proof that the debt belongs to you is the best place to start because if they cannot provide that proof, you can demand the account be removed from your report.
- Pay for delete- You may be able to convince the collection agency to remove the account if you pay the debt in full.
- Pay then dispute- If you pay the debt off and then dispute it with the credit bureaus. The collection agency may not respond because you have paid, resulting in deletion.
- Wait for a new collector- These debts are bought and sold continuously if not paid and chances are good that a new collector will not have the necessary information to validate the debt.
- Try, try again- You can dispute a collection account for many reasons. If you're unable to get the debt removed, wait a while and try a different reason for disputing the account.
Clean Your Credit Report With DoNotPay
How to clean up your credit report using DoNotPay:
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more.
Fight Collections Accounts From Any Company
If you have or any other collection agency, the Clean Credit Report product will help you feel confident that the debts reported are valid and accurate so that you do not pay the money you do not owe. Once validated, if you are able to pay the account in full, the product can help you demand the removal of paid accounts from your credit report.
- We can tell you how to fix a credit score.
- Learn how to remove collections from a credit report.
- Need to dispute a credit report or find out how to write a debt validation letter?
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Want even more time and money savings? Look no further than DoNotPay. The range of tasks that these products can handle is nearly limitless. Whether you need to write a financial aid appeal letter or find out how to cancel a membership or subscription, DoNotPay has a product to assist you. You can even locate help with bills if necessary.