What to Do if You Receive a PCN in Kingston
If you drive in Kingston, you might have gotten a Parking Charge Notice, also known as a Penalty Charge Notice or PCN, at some point. Sometimes, drivers have legitimate reasons to believe that they did not deserve a parking ticket. The good news is that if you received a PCN in Kingston, you can challenge it.
Kingston gives drivers the opportunity to dispute their tickets by providing evidence that they were unfairly given a PCN. However, this process can be difficult to do.
You don't have to challenge your Kingston PCN by yourself, though. DoNotPay can make it easy to challenge a PCN in Kingston.
What Does it Mean to Get a Parking Charge Notice in Kingston
PCNs are given out in Kingston when vehicles are parked illegally. A vehicle may be illegally parked if it is blocking a dropped kerb or in an otherwise restricted area. You may also receive a ticket if your vehicle is in a legal parking spot longer than legally allowed.
The Kingston government website outlines the fines for parking infractions in Kingston. Minor violations result in £60 fines, and major violations result in £110 fines.
You contact the Kingston government regarding a PCN by calling 020 8547 5995.
How to Pay for a Kingston PCN
If you received a PCN in Kingston and wish to pay it, Kingston provides an online payment form. To use the form, you will need the PCN number on your ticket as well as your vehicle registration information.
Kingston, like other areas in the U.K., does offer discounts for Parking Charge Notices for those who pay early. Paying your PCN within 14 days results in a discounted charge. Kingston does not state how much their discount is for early payment, but in other areas, it is as high as 50% of the original fine.
Can You Appeal a Kingston Parking Ticket?
Yes! Sometimes tickets are given out unfairly, and because of this, those who have received parking tickets in Kingston can challenge them. The following steps can help serve as a guide for challenging a Kingston PCN.
- First, make sure that you have your vehicle registration and PCN information. You will need to reference both as you challenge your Kingston PCN.
- Go to the Kingston Challenging a Penalty Charge Notice website.
- Click on the "view evidence" button and type in your information to see images of your vehicle at the time it received a PCN. If the image does not show a violation, it could help your case.
- Now go to the Kingston PCN challenge form. Fill it out with your PCN number and other information.
- In your challenge, make sure to provide any evidence for why you did not violate parking regulations.
- Once you have submitted your challenge, wait for a response from the Kingston government.
Why It Is a Good Idea to Challenge a PCN in Kingston
There may be reasons that your PCN should be dismissed, as some tickets are given by mistake. It does not cost you anything extra to challenge a parking ticket, so it is worth disputing if you think there is a chance the PCN was unfair.
What Happens if You Don't Pay Your PCN?
Whether you decide to accept the PCN or challenge it, one thing that you should not do is simply ignore it. If the Kingston government does not hear from you before the deadline on your PCN, you could face larger fines.
Kingston PCN Details and Contact Information
|Pay a PCN||The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames|
|Challenge a PCN||Welcome Taranto|
|Telephone||020 8547 5995|
|Telephone Hours||Monday to Friday||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
Contest PCNs in Kingston in Just Two Minutes With DoNotPay
Challenging a Kingston PCN on your own can feel daunting, but DoNotPay can help. With our Parking Tickets UK service, you can make the best case for challenging your PCN. 200,000 tickets have already been successfully disputed, and DoNotPay has been covered in Wired and other major publications.
Instead of handling your Kingston PCN challenge alone, you only need to follow 4 easy steps with DoNotPay.
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
No Matter Where You Got a Parking Ticket, DoNotPay Can Help
One great thing about DoNotPay is that its services are versatile and can be used outside of Kingston as well. With DoNotPay, you can challenge a parking ticket anywhere in the United Kingdom or the United States, such as:
DoNotPay Can Do Much More Than Help With PCNs
Life is filled with hurdles, and DoNotPay is here to help you with a variety of them. In addition to helping with parking tickets, DoNotPay can also help:
This is just a small sample of what DoNotPay offers. To see how DoNotPay can help with these issues or to learn more about what DoNotPay does, sign up today.