Everything You Need to Know About Killeen Animal Control
The Killeen Animal Control Department provides a variety of services within the city. For animal issues just outside of Killeen, you will likely need to work with Bell County Animal Control. Like most Animal Control departments, is underfunded.
Sometimes, working with Killeen Animal control can be a hassle due to funding shortages. Lucky for you, below is a complete guide to solve most issues with the department. If you need extra assistance working with Killeen Animal Control, DoNotPay can work with the department on your behalf.
What Does Killeen Animal Control Do?
Services for the Public
- Investigate dog bites
- Enforces city codes pertaining to animals
- Investigates nuisance pets, like barking dogs
- Enforces animal cruelty laws
- Removes wild animals from homes and vehicles
- Accepts found pets
- Investigates injuries to humans or pets caused by wildlife
- Controls stray animal population
- Dead animal removal
Services for Pet Owners
- Provides adoption services
- Serves as a lost and found
- Manages pet microchips
- Accepts surrendered and abandoned pets
- Provides animal education
Killeen Animal Control Details
|Address||3118 Commerce Dr
Killeen, TX 76541
|Phone Number||(254) 526-4455|
|Office Hours||Monday to Friday; 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
|Adoption Hours||Monday to Friday; 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Killeen Dog Bite Laws
- Texas has a "one bite rule." That's to say a dog owner is unlikely to be considered liable the first time their dog bites someone.
- For any subsequent bites, the owner may be considered liable if they didn't use proper care.
- The same concept applies to other dog-caused injuries, like jumping on a person that results in an injury.
- This was established in the Texas Supreme court case Marshall v. Ranne in 1974.
- Dog owners may face felony charges if "criminal negligence" results in an injury caused by a known "dangerous dog" (Texas Health and Safety Code section 822.005).
- A dog owner will not be at fault if the injured person was unlawfully trespassing at the time of the incident.
Can You Sue Someone for Dog Bites in Killeen?
- Yes, but it is recommended that the bite be reported to Killeen Animal Control.
- Dog bites can be reported by calling (254) 526-4455.
- If you need help suing for an injury from a dog bite, DoNotPay's Sue Now feature can assist you in filing a claim in small claims court.
What Should I do if I was Bitten by an Animal in Killeen?
- It is strongly advised to report any animal bites to Killeen Animal Control by calling (254) 526-4455.
- It is still recommended to report if you don't plan on pursuing criminal charges or suing. Reporting can help protect future victims.
- Bites from wild or stray animals should also be reported. This assists with managing stray animals and wildlife.
- Killeen Animal Control can give tips on how to treat bites to prevent infection.
How to Report an Animal-related Issue to Killeen Animal Control
- The phone is the best form of communication for emergency issues. This may include reporting an injured animal, a vicious animal at large, etc. For any life-threatening issues, call 911.
- The Killeen Animal Control number is (254) 526-4455. Their hours are Monday - Friday; 9:00 am - 4:00 pm and Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- For after-hours emergencies, call the Killeen Police Department at (254) 501-8830.
- Email is the best form of communication for non-emergency, after-hours communication. This may involve scheduling a pet surrender, reporting a dead animal for removal, etc.
- You can email Killeen Animal Control at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if You Can't Report an Animal-related Issue on Your Own in Killeen?
Killeen Animal Control can be overwhelmed at times. It can be frustrating for citizens to get the services they need when the Animal Control Department is underfunded. DoNotPay can help by being your liaison to Killeen Animal Control.
How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions or confirmation regarding your demands.
Why Use DoNotPay for Animal Control Issues in Killeen?
We can route your Killeen animal control issues and needs for you. You won’t have to worry about figuring out who to call or staying on the phone for extended periods or waiting for an email reply that you might never receive. DoNotPay will handle everything for you and you can feel confident that your issues will be addressed and resolved.
DoNotPay Can Help With Countless Legal and Customer-related Issues
- Texas dog bite laws
- Los Angeles Animal Control
- Ohio dog bite laws
- Pennsylvania dog bite laws
- Atlanta Animal Control
- Miami Animal Control
- California dog bite laws
- Find a dog bite Lawyer
- Report a dog bite
Use DoNotPay's "Sue Now" Product to Automate Litigation for:
- Compensation for victims of a crime
- Copyright Protection
- Compensation For Robo Calls
- Small claims court
- Chargebacks and Refunds
Additional Services From DoNotPay
- Appeal Banned Account
- Contact government representatives
- File a complaint against a neighbor
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Waive College Fees
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Advanced Healthcare Directive