How to Contact Kern County Animal Control

Animal Control How to Contact Kern County Animal Control

How to Contact Kern County Animal Control

Kern County is a great place for pet owners. With two municipal animal shelters in Bakersfield and Lake Isabella, the animal services office focuses on rehabilitating and rehoming pets in bad circumstances. Unfortunately, not all animal encounters are warm and fuzzy. Injuries from dog bites and aggressive wild animals can happen to anyone. 

If you have recently been injured by an animal in Kern County or witnessed animal abuse, you must contact . If you don't have time or need to file a lawsuit against the animal's owner, DoNotPay can help with a quick and straightforward solution.

The Kern County Animal Control Center Location, Hours, and Contact Details

There are two shelters that you may head to in case you need to report cases of animal aggression or animal bite. They are open from Saturdays to Fridays (10 AM to 4 PM, except on Wednesdays when they open at 2 PM to 7 PM) and closed on Sundays.


  • Bakersfield Shelter:

3951 Fruitvale Avenue

Bakersfield, CA 93308

  • Lake Isabella Shelter:

14891 Highway 178

Lake Isabella, CA 93240

Phone Number
  • Dispatch Bakersfield:

(661) 868-7100

  • Lake Isabella Shelter:

(760) 378-1131

  • After Hours, Weekend:

(661) 868-7100

If you want to lodge a report online, you may fill out the Generic Report Form.

When to Call Animal Control in Kern County

  1. You have been injured by a dangerous animal
  2. You have witnessed an animal attack
  3. You have seen an aggressive or wild animal on the loose
  4. You witness or suspect animal abuse

Call 911 for Emergency Animal Control

  • There is an animal attack in progress
  • There is an aggressive wild animal
  • There is animal abuse in progress

What to Do If You Have Been Bitten By an Animal in Kern County

Secure Your Safety and Medical Care

If you have just been injured by or encountered an aggressive animal, safety is your first priority. Get yourself safely away from the aggressive animal and seek medical treatment immediately. If you have witnessed an animal attack, get yourself along with other humans and pets away from danger.

Once you are in the care of a medical professional, you can photograph the injuries and keep careful records. But your safety always comes first.

Sue the Pet Owner for Injury Liability and Medical Bills

If you have been injured by someone's pet, they are liable for the cost of your medical bills. After an attack, you should not also have to foot the bill for stitches, antibiotics, wound care, and recovery medical treatments. While you can hire a local dog bite lawyer to sue the dog owner, you can also skip much of the hassle by working with DoNotPay.

Report the Animal to Kern County Animal Control

If you have not been injured and/or the animal does not have an owner, you will need to file a report with . You will need to put together all the information you know about the incident, its location, and the risk of the animal. An animal control report can prevent the animal from harming anyone else or suffering harm.

How to Report an Abused Animal in Kern County

One of the main functions of animal control is to rescue animals in bad situations. If you see an animal being kept in inhumane conditions or know of an animal being actively abused by its owner, it is vital to file a report with Kern County Animal Control. Kern County focuses on animal rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption so you can help an abused animal find a better life almost immediately.

Handling a Kern County Animal Control Issue with the Help of DoNotPay

Dealing with the aftermath of an animal attack is never easy. In addition to recovering from the injury itself, you need to choose and follow the right follow-up actions. You may need to sue the animal's owner for liability to have your medical costs covered. To make sure the animal doesn't hurt anyone else, or isn't being abused, you must file a report with Animal Control.

DoNotPay can help with either path you need to take. Let us handle the paperwork and the small claims court, it's what we do best.

How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Note that this product allows you to do two things: generate a demand letter to claim compensation or make a report to animal control.

Contact Animal Control or Claim Compensation Anywhere in the US

DoNotPay can help you deal with animal incidents in any county or city in the US. If you've encountered an aggressive animal or know someone who's been dog bit outside of Kern County, we can help with that, too.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

DoNotPay was built on the idea of making difficult tasks easy with the help of online services. We can help you take care of many tasks on your to-do list. In fact, we specialize in those tasks you know you should do, but are too tedious to ever get done. Here are a few more ways we can help you remove the hassle and increase convenience this year.

If you have recently suffered a dog bite or aggressive animal incident, the last thing you want is a mountain of paperwork. DoNotPay can help you file the reports and lawsuits necessary without hassle so you can focus on healing and recovery without worry.

Want your issue solved now?