A Guide To Connect With An Inmate Of Kentucky State Penitentiary!
Kentucky State Penitentiary is a maximum security prison in Eddyville Kentucky. It was established in 1889 and houses 856 adult inmates. It is a level V facility with supermax units. Another name by which the prison is known is "castle on the Cumberland".
It is the only prison in the state that houses male death row offenders. The inmates of the prison have access to several programs to improve their way of living. For sex offenders, the prison offers sex offender treatment. Also, the prison offers academic courses and work programs too. The inmates at prison wear specific colored clothes as per their custody level. The general population of Kentucky state prison wear khaki. Protective custody and administrative segregation wears kelly green and canary yellow respectively.
The death row inmates of the prison are allowed to wear scarlet red. Lastly, the inmates of the minimum security wear dark green. Before you connect with an inmate, it's important to know their location. Also, you must know their location before receiving a call from an inmate. To know the location, you can contact DoNotPay. By using DoNotPay inmate locator, you can easily locate the person of your interest.
Important Information About The Kentucky State Penitentiary
Here is the necessary information required to connect with an inmate of the facility. We've mentioned the current mailing address, physical address and calling info. Before you plan to visit the facility, it's a good idea to call the facility. Inquiring about the recent rules will help you to make the visit successful.
|Physical Address||Kentucky State Penitentiary
266 Water Street
Eddyville, Kentucky 42038
Other Information Related to the Prison Staff And Inmate
- Total Staff : 348
- Black Inmates 34%
- White Inmates 65%
- Other Inmates 1%
- Warden: Scott Jordan
- Secretary: Donna Dunbar
- ADA Coordinator: Lauren Massey
What To Consider Before You Visit An Inmate Of Eddyville Prison?
If you're planning to visit an inmate of the prison, there is a lot to consider. Familiarize your self with the prison’s policies and dress code before stepping foot on prison grounds. Different custody level inmates have different visiting times. Thus, it's important to know which timing is allowed for visiting the person of your interest.
Visiting Hours for Kentucky State Penitentiary
1. General Population and Outside Detail
Saturday and Sunday
7:30am to 1:45 pm (with two exceptions - 1st and 3rd Saturdays)
2. Protective Custody
Friday and first Saturday of each month
7:30am to 1:45pm
Before visiting, you must register between 7:15am and 10am
3. Special Security Unit or death row inmates
Thursdays and third Saturday of each month
7:30am to 1:45pm
4. For Segregation or non-contact visits
Visitors are allowed on Thursdays only for two hours
You must register 30 minutes before the actual visit
A written approval from the Deputy Warden of Security is required.
How To Send Mail Or Package To Any Inmate Of Kentucky State Penitentiary?
The security levels of the prison are high. Thus, the person must thoroughly read the rules before sending the mail to the prison. Here are a few things you must keep in mind while sending the mail.
- All mails must be sent through US Postal Service
- No item that is prohibited by the prison should be packed and sent
- The mail must have details of the inmate like full name and DOC number. Here’s how to properly address the inmate:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Kentucky State Penitentiary
266 Water Street
Eddyville, Kentucky 42038
Remember, all the mails are checked and inspected. This is done to ensure no prohibited item enters the prison. Also, the letters written to the prison are read by the authorities. The letter with codes is directly rejected from being sent to the inmate.
The Easier Way To Connect With An Inmate Of Kentucky State Prison Using DoNotPay
Can't connect with an inmate at Kentucky State Penitentiary using the above methods? Fret no more, we've another simple and super easy solution for you. And that is - DoNotPay! A platform that helps you to connect and locate an inmate of the prison. You just need to follow a few steps to reap the perks of services. Here is the simple process linked with using the services of DoNotPay.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Why Choose DoNotPay To Connect With An Inmate Of Eddyville Prison?
- The calling facility of the prison is expensive. And finding an inmate can be a daunting task on your own. DoNotPay can help you to locate an inmate without much hassle.
- Reading and adhering to the strict rules is troublesome. DoNotPay can help you to avoid the rules while connecting with an inmate.
- Correctional staff are not very accommodating to family and friends.
- DoNotPay is super easy to use and is trusted by millions
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay inmate locator and connect with an inmate are just two services. There are a lot other things that DoNotPay has covered for you. Here are a few other services that the platform can help you with.
- Write a prisoner
- Prison pen pals
- Inmate Visitation
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- Writing letters to inmates
Looking for more information or need any help? Create an account to explore more about the platform and its services. For more such services, you contact DoNotPay today!