The Quickest Way to Get a Pet License in Kansas City
In many places, pet owners must register their pets. In Kansas City, Missouri, residents are required under Chapter 14 of the Code of Ordinances to have a license for all dogs, cats, and ferrets over four months old. The animals must display the license tag all the time. Residents can have up to four domestic animals (including dogs, cats, Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs, and ferrets) per household, with a few exceptions.
There are several ways to secure a pet license, but each takes different amounts of time to complete and includes different fees. Rather than spending a lot of time figuring out the process, let DoNotPay help secure a .
What are the Different Ways to License a Pet in Kansas City?
In Kansas City, Missouri, there are three ways to secure a license for your pet dog, cat, or ferret:
- The first option is to get a license through the city's animal shelter. All KC Pet Project locations process licenses during regular business hours.
- The second option is to work through the office of a veterinarian who is authorized to process licenses.
- The third option is to request a license online or by mail through the city's PetData website. Licenses requested through PetData should be mailed out 10 business days after the license application and payment are received. Pet owners should receive the license in the mail 3 to 5 business days later.
Note that additional permits are required for animal shows, commercial animal establishments, domestic animal kennels, or catteries. There are special exception permits for fowl and small animals.
How Much Does It Cost to License a Pet in Kansas City?
While there's no fee to license a service animal in Kansas City, Missouri, there are costs for licensing all other dogs, cats, and ferrets. A one-year license costs $10, and a three-year license costs $27. A replacement tag is $5, and there is a $25 late fee for licenses not purchased within 60 days of the due date, which is the last day of the month in which the previous pet license expires.
|Replacement Tag Fee||$5.00|
In addition, there is a $1.95 cost for requesting a license online and a $2 charge for requesting a license at a shelter or veterinarian's office. To apply for a pet license, a copy of the pet's current rabies vaccination certificate, signed by a licensed veterinarian, is required, meaning you also need to visit (and pay) a vet.
Reasons to Register Your Pet in Kansas City
Having a license for your pet is a good idea, making it easier for other people or Animal Control to help your pet find its way home if it's ever lost. Licensing also helps prevent the spread of rabies, and fees are used for services like caring for animals in Kansas City shelters and investigating complaints about stray animals.
Documents Needed to Register Your Pet in Kansas City
A few forms are needed to register your dog, cat, or ferret. To register your pet in Kansas City, you'll need the license application form as well as a current rabies vaccination certificate, signed by a licensed veterinarian. The license application does also requests the pet's microchip number if it has one.
How to Save Time Registering Your Pet in Kansas City Using DoNotPay
If you want to save time registering your pet in Kansas City or don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
DoNotPay will file your application for you with the Kansas City government. Once the application is complete, we'll update you with confirmation and the license number.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Kansas City Pet License
To save time or just use the simplest option to secure or renew a pet license in Kansas City, check out DoNotPay. The Pet Licenses product from DoNotPay helps you navigate the application process and checks how much you owe. You just answer a few questions about your pet, and DoNotPay takes care of the rest for you:
- It's fast: You don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to get a pet license.
- It's easy: You don't have to struggle with tedious forms or keep track of the various steps.
- It's successful: Rest assured that DoNotPay will take care of the process for you.
DoNotPay Works Across States with the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you with pet licenses in many more places than just Kansas City. It works in places around the United States:
- Get a pet license in Maricopa County, AZ.
- Get a pet license in California.
- Get a pet license in Orange County, CA.
- Get a pet license in LA County, CA.
- Get a pet license in Minneapolis, MN.
- Get a pet license in Omaha, NE.
- Get a pet license in Houston, TX.
- Get a pet license in Washington state.
- Get a pet license in King County, WA.
- Get a pet license in Pierce County, WA.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting a pet license is just one task that DoNotPay can help take care of. Others range from applying for scholarships to canceling subscriptions. DoNotPay can also provide assistance with the following common problems:
Want to save time and money? Check out DoNotPay for help with your and other tasks.