How to Enforce Kansas Child Support Payments With Ease
Child support is a contentious issue among many separated parents. However, Kansas child support laws are very clear about how and when payments should be made. To this end, you can take specific measures to ensure that the other parent makes regular payments as agreed.
How to Claim Kansas Child Support Payments by Yourself
You have several options when claiming child support payments in Kansas by yourself:
1. Using the State Program
In Kansas, child support payments are handled by the state's Child Support Services (CSS) program. The agency is tasked with ensuring that payments are made as per the official agreements, and it has a range of legal tools to enforce this, as will be discussed later.
2. Hiring an Attorney
Alternatively, you can hire an attorney to pursue the child support payments on your behalf. An attorney will handle all the paperwork, but this option is often too expensive to use.
3. Doing It Yourself
Finally, you can pursue the other parent personally and try to get them to meet their obligations. However, this is highly stressful, and the chances of success are limited, as you are at their mercy. Additionally, it can become dangerous, especially if the other parent is violent.
How Are Child Support Payments Enforced in Kansas?
As mentioned, the CSS agency has several tools to enforce child support payments. They include:
- Issuing an Income Withholding Order (IWO), the state deducts the child support payments directly from the parent's check.
- Driver's license restriction.
- Passport denial.
- Recreational license denial.
- Reporting to the Consumer Credit Bureau.
- Tax intercepts.
The agency can take other more severe actions, including issuing a lien against the party's property. To this end, it helps to provide the agency with as much information about the other parent as possible.
About Kansas Child Support Program and Services Provided
The Child Support Services (CSS) program is the official agency tasked with handling child support affairs in the state. The agency offers a range of services, including:
- Establishing parentage.
- Issuing orders for child and medical support.
- Locating non-custodial parents and setting their property.
- Enforcing child and medical support orders.
- Modifying child support orders where necessary.
The CSS program is dedicated to serving everyone that needs its services. However, it is worth noting that dealing with the agency is a bureaucratic process that involves a lot of paperwork. Additionally, the state takes at least 30 days to enforce orders, and its range of tools is usually limited and powerless in some instances. Fortunately, DoNotPay is always here to help.
Additionally, many lawyers in the state also specialize in child support issues. However, these private programs can be as complicated as the official ones.
Next Steps for Demanding Child Support Payments in Kansas
- Search child support on DoNotPay and enter the details of the person who owes the payments.
- Tell us more about the payment schedule, including the amount and frequency of the payments, the last payment they made and number of missed payments, and how much they owe you in total.
- Confirm your contact information and select whether you want us to mail or email the letter on your behalf. Choose how you would like to receive the payment and verify your signature.
The process is more accessible, cheaper, and quicker than hiring an attorney or claiming the payments yourself. DoNotPay will handle everything else, and all you have to do is wait for the issue to be resolved. The platform can also help solve related problems, including making divorce and separation agreements.
Why Use DoNotPay?
There are dozens of reasons to use DoNotPay to claim child support payments in Kansas. Three of the most effective include:
- The issue will be resolved in record time.
- The platform will make the process easier and less stressful by handling everything.
- DoNotPay increases the likelihood of success.
DoNotPay Works Across All States With the Click of a Button
Each state has different rules and regulations regarding child support, making the entire process confusing and overwhelming. Luckily, DoNotPay has child support guides for each state. Find yours below:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping parents claim child support payments is just one of the many services that DoNotPay offers. Essentially, this is an automated legal platform backed by experienced legal minds to solve your problems. DoNotPay can help you accomplish many tasks and solve many legal problems, including:
- Suing companies and people in small claims courts.
- Standardizing legal documents.
- Writing a homeschool letter of intent.
- Making insurance claims.
- Helping manage non-payable bills.
- Writing appeal letters for financial aid.
- Writing defamation demand letters.
- Making divorce settlement agreements.
So, do you have a problem that you would like solved? DoNotPay can help. Get in touch today to learn more about what the platform can do for you.