Order a Certified Copy of Your Jefferson County Divorce Certificate Quickly
For the most part, divorce records are public in Colorado. However, while access to Jefferson County divorce certificates is somewhat limited to online access by attorneys, any member of the public can go to the courthouse and request to see the unsealed divorce case file.
Jefferson County divorce records include divorce papers that a couple filed in Jefferson County Court, and any records created during the divorce procedure, as well as divorce certificates.
Accessing Jefferson County divorce certificates is tedious and time-consuming.
Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you get divorce certificates fast and effectively. Here is how to obtain a divorce certificate in Jefferson County, Colorado.
The Difference Between Divorce Certificates and Divorce Decrees
See the table below for a better understanding.
|Divorce Certificates||A divorce certificate is a state-issued official document that contains the ex-spouses' proof of divorce (details and proof of divorce).
The divorce certificate is issued after a divorce certificate, a court-issued judgment terminating a marriage officially.
|Divorce Decrees||Unlike a divorce certificate, the divorce decree highlights vital court orders concerning sensitive matters such as child support, child custody, support, and property division. Both parties are legally bound to the divorce decree terms.|
Who Can Get a Divorce Certificate in Jefferson County?
Jefferson County divorce certificates are available to the public upon request. Unfortunately, the public is limited to unofficial records. Official parties interested in getting copies of divorce certificates in Jefferson County include:
- The spouses
- Any official party with documentation to justify legal interest in the particular divorce certificates.
To get certified divorce records in Jefferson County, Colorado, you need to make a formal request and pay the associated fee.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Jefferson County?
Divorce certificate copies in Jefferson County cost $20 for the first copy. Each extra copy costs $3 per copy if you order at the same day and time.
What Documents Do You Need to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Jefferson County?
Certain requirements exist when you are trying to access divorce records and certificates. Such may include but not limited to:
- Valid identification
- Proof of your relationship to the parties listed on the divorce certificates.
You may also need to provide valid documentation to justify your legal interest in getting a certified copy of the divorce certificate.
How to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy by Yourself
You can order a copy of the divorce certificates online or via mail. To order via mail, send a complete form, plus the above requirements, and the application fee to:
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, Colorado 80246-1530.
To request a copy online, access VitalChek, the leading state vendor.
Get a Divorce Certificate in Jefferson County with DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution if you want at quick order at getting divorce certificate copies in Jefferson County, CO. If you want to request Jefferson County divorce certificates, DoNotPay has got you sorted in a few easy steps.
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay will handle everything while you just sit back and relax.
Why Use DoNotPay to Request Your Jefferson County Divorce Certificates?
- Fast. You don't have to spend hours applying online or mailing for the copies.
- Easy. DoNotPay fills in the endless forms and handles every process on your behalf.
- Success. DoNotPay makes a strong claim on your behalf, increasing your chances of a successful application and getting Colorado divorce certificate copies.
What Other States Can DNP Get Divorce Certificate Copies from?
Besides Jefferson County, CO, DoNotPay can help you request divorce certificate copies from:
Speak to us to find out any divorce certificate-related services you want from DoNotPay.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help?
DoNotPay can do more than apply for divorce certificates. DoNotPay can also help you to:
- Put an end to stalking and harassment
- Notarize any document
- Solve credit card challenges
- Handle divorce settlement agreements
- Find unclaimed money
- File insurance claims on your behalf
- Sue in a small claims court.
Reach out to us today to get you started on requesting Jefferson County divorce certificates in Colorado.