Get Your Jackson County Missouri Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
A marriage certificate is an important document to have when you want to have proof of identity or proof that you have changed your name. If you need to obtain a copy of your , you can contact the county's Recorder of Deeds Department to obtain a certified copy.
If you are not sure where to start when you need to get a marriage certificate from your marriage or for a family member, you can get the help you need with DoNotPay in just a few simple steps.
Who Can Obtain a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Jackson County?
In Jackson County, Missouri, there are no restrictions as to who can access dating back to the beginnings of county records.
- Informational copies of marriage certificates are readily available online for anyone to access.
- Certified copies are available to those who can submit specific information about the certificate, as required.
It is important to remember that informational copies cannot be used as a document for proof of identity for government agencies. If you want the document to serve as proof of identity or name change, you will need to purchase a certified copy from the Jackson County Recorder of Deeds Department.
What Documents Are Required to Obtain a Copy of a Marriage Certificate?
Jackson County, Missouri has digitized their marriage records dating back to 1826. If you want to see the record, you do not have to submit any documentation to access it. However, if you are in need of a certified copy of a marriage certificate, you will need to submit a request either at one of the county's Recorder of Deeds Department offices or through the mail.
Information that you need to submit, along with the fee, include:
- Names of the couple when applying for the license
- Date of the marriage
- Marriage license number, if known
If you are requesting a certified copy by mail, you will need to send this information to:
Historic Truman Courthouse Recorder of Deeds Department 112 W Lexington Suite 30 Independence, MO 64050
How Much Does a Copy of a Marriage Certificate Cost in Jackson County, Missouri?
Jackson County has digitized most of its available vital records, which means that those seeking to find a specific marriage certificate can use the county's online search to find it, free of charge. You can print your own copy but these will be non-certified. If you don't want to print your own copy, you can request to get an informational copy from the county's office locations.
|Type of Copy||Fee|
|Informational Copies||$2 first copy
Plus $1 for additional pages
|Certified Copies||$10 fee|
Let DoNotPay Assist With Getting a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
In some cases, it can be difficult to get a copy of your marriage license simply because you don't live close to where the marriage license was issued. However, with many counties taking vital records online, you can use DoNotPay to request your copy anytime, from anywhere.
If you want to order a Marriage Certificate Copy in Jackson County, Missouri but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If you are looking for help with common tasks, look no further than DoNotPay. DoNotPay provides easy-to-use steps to take of many tasks including:
- Creating defamation demand letters
- Receiving airline flight compensation
- Creating a child travel consent
- Item return requests
DoNotPay can help with these tasks and many more in just a few simple clicks.