Getting In Touch With The Italian Consulate In Los Angeles
Ciao e benvenuto!
If you’re located in the western U.S and need to get into contact with the Italian consulate, this article is perfect for you! Let this article serve as a guide that helps you prepare for your next visit to the Italian consulate in Los Angeles. You’ll find out answers to commonly asked questions such as:
- How do I get an Italian passport in Los Angeles?
- How do I make an appointment with the Italian consulate in Los Angeles?
- How do I contact the Italian consulate in Los Angeles?
- Is there a better way to reach the Italian consulate in Los Angeles?
The Italian Consulate in Los Angeles
The Italian consulate in Los Angeles (Consolato Generale d’Italia Los Angeles) is one of the 31 Italian consulates in the U.S. In total, the consulates and the Italian embassy serve over 15 million Italians who live across the country. Each of these consulates is assigned a jurisdiction where they are required to attend to all Italians living in that area. For the Italian Consulate in Los Angeles, the areas under its jurisdiction are:
- New Mexico
- These 10 counties in Southern California: Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Riverside, St Louis Obispo, San Bernardino, Ventura, Orange, San Diego, and Imperial Valley.
This means you'll have to reside or be present in the following states and counties to qualify to contact the Italian consulate. If you are not located in the areas listed above, check other Italian consulates to see which one serves you.
Contacting The Italian Consulate in Los Angeles
The Italian consulate in Los Angeles can be reached in a variety of ways. Here is a table of all relevant contact details for the consulate and its departments:
|Address||1900 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1250, Los Angeles, CA 90067|
|firstname.lastname@example.org ( for consulate office contact)
email@example.com (for passport services)
firstname.lastname@example.org ( for citizenship inquiries)
email@example.com (for visa services)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for legal services)
email@example.com (for diaspora registration services)
|Phone||(310) 820-0622 (for consular contact)
(310) 432-9762 (for citizenship department)
(310) 432-9763 ( for legal department)
(310) 432-9766 (for visa department)
(310) 432-9765 (for passport department)
(310) 432-9767 (for diaspora registration department)
|Office Hours||9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday)
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM/ 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM (Wednesday to Friday)
Do kindly note that if you intend to visit the consulate in person, you should not bring along any form of weapon, backpack, suitcase, or other items irrelevant to the process of your visit. There are no storage facilities at the consulate.
The consulate also observes strict CDC safety guidelines on its premises and you would need to book an appointment before coming in person.
Consulate Services At The Italian Consulate in Los Angeles
Below, you’ll find a list of the services offered at the consulate for Italian citizens and visitors alike.
Here are some of the most common types of visas you can get at the consulate and their prices:
|Types of visa||Duration||Cost|
|Schengen visa||Three months or less||$96.60|
|Schengen visa (for Ukraine, Russia, Armenia, Macedonia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Moldova, and Albania)||Three months or less||$48.30|
|Schengen visa for children aged 6-12years.||Three months or less||$48.30|
|National visa||Three months to one year||$140|
|Study visa||Three months to one year||$60.40|
To apply for a visa, you'll need to book an appointment before you come in. You can use the contact details in the section above to ask questions.
The Italian consulate can help you replace your lost, stolen, or expired passport. In the event of an emergency, you can also get an emergency travel visa at the consulate. Also, if you are thinking of getting a new passport for yourself or a minor for the first time, contact the office for more details.
Citizenship registration services
Whether you are an Italian citizen by descent, through marriage, or adoption, you can get your citizenship registered at the consulate. You can also renounce your citizenship, reinstate it, or request a certificate for your citizenship in the U.S.
Other registration services
The Italian consulate in Los Angeles handles all forms of civil registrations such as birth, death, marriage, and divorce registrations. It also handles a variety of notarial services.
An Easier and Faster Way To Contact The Italian Consulate
DoNotPay is not only a robot lawyer, it's also an AI-powered assistant! DoNotPay can automatically contact the consulate or embassy of your choice. By doing so, you save a lot on transportation costs, reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 from an in-person visit, and get to relax! To use DoNotPay to contact a consulate or embassy, you can simply:
1. Type in "Contact Embassy" on DoNotPay.
2. Select between contacting a foreign embassy or consulate or a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad.
3. Briefly explain the questions you have or the matters you need help with.
4. Tell DoNotPay which embassy/consulate you want to contact.
After you submit your request, DoNotPay will do all the work for you! With the provided information, your robot lawyer will email the office for you. You can expect an email directly from the consulate or embassy!
DoNotPay Can Also Reach Out To...
- Chinese Consulate (Los Angeles, Chicago, New York)
- Philippine Consulate (Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York)
- Nigerian Embassy (Atlanta)
- Russian Embassy (Washington, D.C.)
- Indian Embassy (New York, Chicago, Houston)
- Brazilian Consulate (Miami)