3 Steps to End Inter-Credit International Debt Collection Calls
When it comes to debt collection, you have rights. Harassment from debt collectors such as Inter-Credit International debt collection can take many forms including visiting your home, contacting you on social media, threatening you with legal retaliation, or contacting you multiple times a day. Some debt collectors may push the boundaries to harassing debtors so they can collect money.
However, with the help of DoNotPay, you can eliminate those annoying calls and remove Inter-Credit International debt collection from your credit report once and for all. Let's take a look at how DoNotPay can help you.
Who Is Inter-Credit International and Why Are They Calling Me?
Inter-Credit International is a debt collection service based in the UK. If they are trying to reach you, they will be trying to do one of three things: collect a payment, validate a debt, and harass you to pay the debt. They will hound you relentlessly and make life difficult for you to try to coerce you into paying the debt.
Below is the contact information for Inter-Credit International
|Phone Number||+44 333 345 5541|
|Address||St David's House
11 Drake House Crescent
|Hours of Operation||Monday - Thursday 8 AM–8 PM
Friday 8 AM – 6 PM
Saturday 9 AM –1 PM
Closed on Sundays
What Is Considered Harassment From Debt Collectors?
There are rules set forth that limit what a debt collector can do to collect on a debt. They are not allowed to harass you in any way.
- Contacting you several times a day, or early in the morning or late at night
- Contacting you on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Pressuring you to sell your home or take out more credit
- Withholding information such as if the debt has been passed on to a debt collection agency
- Making physical or verbal threats
- Public humiliation
- Discussing your debt with someone other than you, for example, a neighbour, a friend, or even your employer
- Falsely claiming court action has been taken against you
Alternative Ways to Resolve Customer Service Complaints With Inter-Credit International
If you cannot come to a resolution with Inter-Credit International, there are other ways to handle the issue. Here are a few alternatives.
ADR Schemes (Alternative dispute resolutions) with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA):
The FCA has rules about debt collection that collectors must adhere to. However, since the FCA cannot take up your case, they can revoke the firm's authorisation or they could fine them for misconduct. You can call them on their Consumer Helpline 0800 111 6768 (freephone), 0300 500 8082, email or send a complaint letter to their address below:
12 Endeavour Square
Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service will look at your case as an impartial party and decide a fair outcome for both parties. There are a few scenarios in which you would want to use this service listed below
- You are not the person who owes the debt
- The amount you're being asked to pay is incorrect
- the business is repeatedly contacting you about the debt
- You're in financial difficulty and the business isn't being helpful
- Your debt isn't enforceable
How Long Can Debt Collectors Collect Debt From Me?
According to the Limitations Act 1980, a creditor has six years to pursue their debt from you (or twelve years for certain mortgage shortfalls). For the duration of these six years, you must not have submitted payment or made an acknowledgement of your debt to the creditor.
Get Help Contacting Inter-Credit International With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay can assist in determining whether your debt collector is following the law when they contact you. After answering a few questions, we'll help you decide the best course of action and contact Inter-Credit International on your behalf. If you decide to report them to a governing body, we'll file that complaint on your behalf as well.
Here’s how to get started:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
And that's it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the relevant trade association or ombudsman.
DoNotPay Works Across All Debt Collection Agencies in the UK
Not only does DoNotPay work with Inter-Credit International, but we can also help with companies such as
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Negotiating with debt collectors on your behalf is just one of the many ways DoNotPay can help you.
Other services available on the platform include:
- Suing in small claims court
- Help with bills
- Get free trials
- Find missing money
- File a complaint
- Cancel a service or subscription
- Increase credit limit
- Pay bills online
You don't have to face creditors alone. You have rights and DoNotPay is here to ensure that those rights are protected. Sign up today and get the legal assistance you need without incurring excessive lawyer fees.