What's the Easiest Way to Call an Inmate in Florida?
When a friend or family member ends up in jail or a prison facility, you want to remain in contact with them and get the occasional phone call. However, you don't even know if the person can make a phone call.
You need more information about inmate phone calls in Florida. You might try finding the information online or calling the facility, but the information online isn't always accurate. You need the DoNotPay app to help!
Can Inmates in Florida Make Phone Calls?
Yes, almost all of the inmate facilities in Florida will allow the inmates to make calls. The inmate might need to make a collect call to the person they are calling, and the recipient of the call will see a large charge on their phone bill.
Other institutions might allow the inmates to call out to family and friends. However, these services almost always charge by the minute, and it's very expensive. Some of these services charge even more when the call is long distance. The inmate needs money on the books or with the company to be able to initiate a call.
Some correctional facilities allow inmates to make calls but limit the times in which they can make a phone call. It's a good idea to write a letter first to find out the routine at your friend's particular location.
How to Locate an Inmate in Florida on Your Own
If you’re not sure exactly where an inmate has been incarcerated, you can do a search on the Florida Department of Corrections’ website. There are two ways in which you can search for a loved one:
|Via First and Last Name||You can enter their first and last name. This may not work if they have a very common first and last name, but it is an option.|
|Via DC Number||A DC number is an ID assigned by the department to inmates. If you know the inmate’s DC number, this is sure to give you the result that you're looking for.|
Does It Cost Money for Inmate Phone Calls in Florida?
Yes, you can expect either the inmate or the recipient to pay for the phone call. Who pays and the cost of the call is going to depend on the location of the inmate.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
It can be stressful when you have a friend or family member that's incarcerated in Florida. The state has many jails, state prisons, and federal facilities, and you're having a hard time finding exactly where your loved one is at the moment. You can try calling around, but you'll only end up spending a lot of time on hold and finding few answers. You need a sure way to locate your imprisoned friend. DoNotPay is that sure way.
In these five steps, DoNotPay can locate your friend and help you contact them:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Challenges of Contacting an Inmate
When you need more information about inmate phone calls in Florida and a way to find an incarcerated friend or family member, you'll find that there are many options, but not all of them are reputable. You need accurate information and a way to connect with your friend or loved one. The primary reasons that people choose to use the DoNotPay app include
- It's fast, so you can reach out to the inmate and reassure them that they aren't alone!
- It's easy to use the app and enter the information!
- It's successful, so you get the information you need to contact your friend!
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
After you find your friend and more information about inmate phone calls in Florida, you'll be ready to share your knowledge with others, or at least, your trick for using the DoNotPay app. The app provides information about inmates from around the country. Here's a look at some common topics:
- Write a prisoner
- The best way to address a letter to an inmate
- Learn more about writing letters to an inmate
- Find a prison pen pal
- Arrange inmate visitation
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The DoNotPay app can help you with so much more than locating an inmate in Florida. You can rely on the app to help you with a variety of everyday tasks along with the occasional one-off. Here's a look at a few of them to get you started:
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- And many others!
Learn more about inmate phone calls in Florida and find your friend with DoNotPay today!