Everything You Should Know About the Indonesia Tourist Visa
Are you considering a trip to Indonesia? You won’t regret visiting the world’s largest island country famous for its endless beaches, volcanoes (many of them active), and beautiful temples.
If you wish to explore the beauties of the Emerald of the Equator, you should find out whether you need an Indonesian tourist visa. DoNotPay provides valuable info on current travel requirements for this country.
The Indonesian government does not issue typical tourist visas during the COVID-19 global pandemic, and current rules will be implemented until further notice. Here is what you should know:
- The Indonesian government is suspending the visit visa exemption (Free Visa) and visa on arrival regime for the time being
- Multiple visit visas are also not available during the COVID-19 pandemic
- You will need visa approval from the Directorate General of Immigration of Indonesia to obtain an Indonesian visit visa or limited stay visa
- Visitor and limited-stay visas will only be issued to tourists in specific situations during the pandemic, such as a family reunion or retirement travel
Unless you need to go to Indonesia, it’s wiser to wait for better times to have a trip you’ve always dreamed of.
If the Directorate General of Immigration of Indonesia approves your visa, you can obtain the electronic visa or e-visa. You will need to:
- Visit the visa-approval page
- Fill out the form with the required information
- Submit your application
You should always check for any updates regarding the travel requirements before your trip because the situation can easily change.
Under normal circumstances (without COVID-19 restrictions), the only document you’ll need to enter Indonesia as a tourist is a passport that:
- Is valid for at least six months
- Has at least two blank pages
There are three ways to enter the country. Take a look at the table below for more information:
|You Can Get a Visa||Details|
If you want to get a tourist visa for Indonesia on arrival, you must pay $35. For an Indonesian tourist visa extension (maximum of 30 days), you’ll have to pay an additional $35.
Getting the correct info about entry permits and other travel requirements can be a complex and time-consuming endeavor. The good news is that you don’t need to go through the process alone. Opt for DoNotPay, and we will handle the task on your behalf in a few minutes. You only need to follow these steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Choose the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Tell us if you hold a U.S. passport and where you plan to travel
Once you complete our short questionnaire, DoNotPay will send a:
- Link to the online visa application
- PDF guide with detailed instructions on how to apply for a tourist visa (in case there is no direct link to the application)
We will also make sure you know what other documents you need for a tourist visa. In case the destination country does not require U.S. citizens to obtain a tourist visa, our app will let you know how long you can stay there.
There is plenty to see on the Asian continent, and you should consider visiting other countries besides Indonesia. It is important to check the travel requirements for each destination before your trip, and you only need to sign up for DoNotPay to get the essential info. Check out our handy guides in the table below:
Are you overwhelmed by your never-ending to-do list? We’re happy to jump in with a perfect solution to deal with everyday tasks the easy way!
If you are looking for further assistance, our app will show you how to deal with the following tasks effortlessly:
- Taking your passport photos at home
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Stopping annoying email and text spam
- Filing FOIA requests with ease
- Creating legal documents, including powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
If a company refuses to cooperate, use DoNotPay—the world’s first robot lawyer—to sue it in small claims court! Getting the justice you deserve is only a few clicks away!
You can also use our app’s various features to do the following:
- Find unclaimed funds
- Demand refunds
- File warranty claims
- Cash out used gift cards
- Submit insurance claims
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify different mailing services