Smart Trick That'll Help Get Your Indiegogo Fees Waived
The fees for Indiegogo can seem restrictive to the entrepreneur seeking crowdfunding. If you need help fighting fees for Indiegogo, DoNotPay has a solution.
Indiegogo is a one-of-a-kind crowdfunding site for entrepreneurs and inventors who want to bring their business, project, or innovative new product to the marketplace. They fund everything from everyday products to films. The fees to run a crowdfunding campaign might seem somewhat excessive to a new campaigner in comparison with fees charged by other crowdfunding sites. However, the specific niche that Indiegogo caters to is far different from other crowdfunding sites which is how they can justify their higher fee structure.
Indiegogo's fee structure can be confusing to those who are just starting out. While overall, the fees are just a small percentage of the funds being raised, they need to be considered when setting a goal amount for your crowdfunding campaign. If you are running a campaign on Indiegogo, and you believe the fees you are being charged are excessive, DoNotPay has a solution for you to fight to waive some of those fees.
How Much Does Indiegogo Charge Per Transaction?
There are different factors that affect the amount of money Indiegogo charges for each transaction.
The base charge per transaction for each donation received on Indiegogo depends on your country of origin and the country where the donation originates from. Keep reading for more information on Indiegogo's fee structure.
Indiegogo Fees Explained
Crowdfunding through Indiegogo markets to a worldwide audience. As such, transaction fees for donations coming from other countries can be higher than the fees for donations from the country of origin. Transaction fees may not be limited to those charged by Indiegogo but can include transaction fees from your bank as well. There can also be additional fees for conversion from one type of currency to another. In addition to the basic transaction fee, there is an additional fee for a percentage of the donation amount.
Indiegogo's fees differ if your crowdfunding campaign originally appeared elsewhere. For the fees on campaigns that originate on Indiegogo, the structure is as follows:
|United States Dollar||5% platform fee plus 3% + $0.20 when going to a US bank account|
|Australian Dollar||5% platform fee plus 3% +$0.20 plus a $25 AUD transfer fee|
|Canadian Dollar||5% platform fee plus 3% +$0.20 plus a $25 CAD transfer fee|
|Swiss Franc||5% platform fee plus 3% + Fr 0.20 plus a Fr 25 CHF transfer fee|
|Danish Krone||5% platform fee plus 3% + K 0.20 plus a K 25 DKK transfer fee|
|Euro||5% platform fee plus 3% + 0.20€, plus a 25€ transfer fee|
|Great Britain Pound||5% platform fee plus 3% + 0.20£ plus a 25£ transfer fee|
|Hong Kong Dollar||5% platform fee plus 4% + $2 plus a $200 HKD transfer fee|
|Japanese Yen||5% platform fee plus 4.4% plus a ¥2.750 transfer fee|
|Mexican Peso||5% platform fee plus 4% + $6 plus a $500 MXN transfer fee|
|Norwegian Krone||5% platform fee plus 3% + Kr 3 plus a Kr 225 NOK transfer fee|
|New Zealand Dollar||5% platform fee plus 3% + $0.20 plus a $50 NZD transfer fee|
|Polish Zloty||5% platform fee plus 3% + 0.90zł plus a 100zł transfer fee|
|Swedish Krona||5% platform fee plus 3% + Kr 3 plus a K2 250 SEK transfer fee|
|Singapore Dollar||5% platform fee plus 4% + $0.30 plus a $50 SGD transfer fee|
These fees are independent of any fees charged by the banking institution you are depositing funds to. Check your bank's terms and conditions for information on any potential additional fees.
How to Fight Indiegogo Fees On Your Own
If you believe that you have been charged excessive fees on Indiegogo, these are the steps you need to take to fight them on your own.
- Go to the Indiegogo website.
- Go to your account and look for transaction history.
- Note all of the transactions.
- Check the fees to make sure you were overcharged.
- Go to the Indiegogo help page.
- Exhaustively search all the resources.
- Finally give in and contact customer service.
- Wait forever for a response.
- Finally, lose your claim case due to a missed step.
- Start over and try again.
Next Steps If You Can't Fight Indiegogo Fees On Your Own
There are a few things that you can do if you can't fight the Indiegogo fees on your own.
- Call your bank and request a chargeback for the transactions you were overcharged for.
- Talk to an attorney.
- File a small claims suit against Indiegogo.
- Go to DoNotPay for help.
When you can't fight the Indiegogo fees on your own, DoNotPay can help. Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay?
When you choose to use DoNotPay, you are choosing the easy, fast, and successful option for solving your problems.
- Easy. With DoNotPay, you are a click of a button away from solving your problem.
- Fast. DoNotPay will ask you a few questions about your issue and present you with a solution.
- Successful. With DoNotPay, you can expect results every time.
DoNotPay is always your quickest solution to getting your problems solved.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With The Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you appeal fees across more than 10,000 companies. With the world's first robot lawyer, you can fight and waive:
- Chase checking account fees
- eBay fees
- PayPal Seller fees
- Robinhood fees
- Etsy fees
- HOA fees
- CoinBase fees
- Spirit Airlines baggage fees
- American Airlines baggage fees
- Shopify fees
DoNotPay Solves Problems in Every Area
DoNotPay does more than just help you fight or waive fees. DoNotPay offers solutions in every area.
Do you have parking tickets in another city? DoNotPay can help. Do you need a copy of your birth certificate from another state? DoNotPay can help you with that as well. DoNotPay can help you solve problems in every area. Are you having trouble negotiating with your landlord? DoNotPay is there for you.
When you have a problem, always look to see if DoNotPay has a quick and easy solution.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay solves problems starting with the click of a button. Here are a few other problems DoNotPay can help you solve.
- File a complaint about anything.
- Get any standardized legal document customized for your needs.
- Get the help you need with embassies and consulates.
- Get help reducing your property taxes.
- Have any document notarized.
- Get airline flight compensation.
- Find and apply for the right scholarship for your child.
- Create passport photos for your passport application.
- Appeal a banned account.
This is just a sample of the many solutions DoNotPay offers across every area. Visit DoNotPay today and see what solution the click of a button can bring you.