Use DoNotPay to Get Your Indiana Marriage Certificate
Having the right official documents on hand can make all the difference when you are trying to conduct business, buy a new home, or do anything else that requires you to prove your identity. However, obtaining those documents is another story, and when you are trying to obtain a copy of your Indiana marriage certificate, you could experience significant stress.
Ordering a copy of your Indiana marriage certificate on your own can be time-consuming and confusing, requiring you to contact different people and fill out a lot of paperwork. If you want to get a copy of an Indiana marriage certificate without stress or frustration, turn to DoNotPay, the fast, easy, successful solution for ordering official documents.
What Is the Difference Between a Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License?
It's a common misconception that a marriage license is the same as a marriage certificate. In fact, there are several key differences between the two documents:
- A marriage license is an application that, when filled out and filed properly, grants you permission to get married You will need to have the marriage license filled out and signed by your wedding officiant before you get married.
- A marriage certificate is a legal document that serves as proof of your marriage. You will need a copy of your marriage certificate in order to do things like enroll in your partner's health insurance or change your name after your marriage.
The sooner you get a copy of your Indiana marriage certificate after you get married, the better.
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Indiana on Your Own
You can get an Indiana marriage certificate on your own through any of the following methods:
1. Search for your marriage certificate online
- Your name
- The name of your partner
- The date of the wedding into the online form
- Provide a form of payment when ordering the marriage certificate
2. Order an Indiana marriage certificate by mail
You can also request a copy of your Indiana marriage certificate by mail. To do this, download and fill out an Application for Search for Certified Record of Marriage, found on the State of Indiana official website. Mail the completed application, along with proof of identification to Vital Records, Indiana State Department of Health, P.O. Box 7125, Indianapolis, IN 46206-7125.
3. Get your marriage certificate in person
If you are having trouble filling out online forms, you can visit the local county clerk's office to request a copy of your Indiana marriage certificate. You must visit the Clerk of Courts' office in the county in which the marriage took place, however - which might not be feasible if you live in a different state or city from where you were married.
If the process of requesting an Indiana marriage certificate on your own seems daunting, you have options. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful way to get your Indiana marriage certificate without stress and wasted time.
How to Use DoNotPay to Get Your Indiana Marriage Certificate
If you want to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Indiana but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in seven easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
And that's it. DoNotPay will obtain a certificate copy of your Indiana marriage certificate on your behalf.
DoNotPay Makes It Easy to Get Official Documents
DoNotPay is the single best way to request certified documents online, such as an Indiana marriage certificate. DoNotPay is:
|Fast||No more spending hours filling out forms or driving to the county clerk's office - DoNotPay is the fast way to request your Indiana marriage certificate.|
|Easy||You don't have to be a tech wizard with DoNotPay. With just a click of a button, you can request the paperwork you need.|
|Successful||DoNotPay is successful, allowing you to order your Indiana marriage certificate without all the stressful red tape.|
With DoNotPay, you can save time and energy while getting all the important documents that you need.