Indian Tourist Visa Application Form—Download It in a Few Steps
Planning a trip to India? Every serious world traveler should visit this beautiful country surrounded by the sea and the Himalayas. You will get to enjoy its delicious cuisine and wonderful tradition. To get to India in the first place, you will need a tourist visa.
DoNotPay helps you grasp the Indian tourist visa application form download process. We will also provide information about the other travel requirements and current COVID-19 restrictions in the country.
Bear in mind that getting a tourist visa for India isn’t possible at the moment because of the COVID-19 global pandemic. You should regularly check the website of the Bureau of Immigration and Ministry of Home Affairs for any updates.
In normal circumstances (without the global pandemic), U.S. citizens can choose between two tourist visa application procedures for India:
- Regular application—If you plan to stay in India for up to six months
- e-Visa application (ETA)—If you wish to stay in India for up to two months
The table below contains additional details about the application process:
|Regular Tourist Visa Application||Electronic Tourist Visa Application|
If you choose the e-Visa application and are not sure how to complete the form, you can check out the sample available online. This sample will allow you to see all nine pages of the form and the information you should input.
You can also get the form by clicking on the Download button in the top right corner of the page.
U.S. citizens can get a multiple-entry tourist visa for India valid for five years. You will need the following documents to apply:
- A passport valid for at least six months with two blank pages
- A passport-size photo that needs to:
- Be in JPEG format
- Show your entire face
- Have a light-colored or white background
- Have a size of 10 KB to 300 KB
- Be border-free
- Proof of residency
- Travel itinerary or an invitation letter
You also need to provide the payment method for the required visa fees.
You can get all the information you need about Indian tourist visas by contacting the Indian Embassy or consulates in the U.S. Take a look at the table below for more information:
|The Institution||Address||Phone Number|
|Embassy of India, Washington D.C.||2107 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, D.C. email@example.com|
|Consulate General of India in New York||3 E 64th St, New York, NY firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consulate General of India in Houston||4300 Scotland St, Houston, TX email@example.com|
|Consulate General of India in San Francisco||540 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118||
|Consulate General of India in Atlanta||5549 Glenridge Dr, Sandy Springs, GA firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consulate General of India in Chicago||455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr. Suite 850, Chicago, IL email@example.com|
Wouldn’t it be great to skip the tourist visa research? DoNotpay can make that possible! Our app will:
- Provide you with a direct link to the online application (if available)
- Send you a PDF guide with instructions on submitting your tourist visa application
- Make sure you have all the paperwork
You only need to follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Inform us about what your destination is and whether you have a U.S. passport
In case the country you want to visit does not require you to get a tourist visa, DoNotPay will let you know how long you are allowed to stay there.
Don’t waste your time gathering the tourist visa info for every country you wish to see in Asia—let DoNotPay help you. Your virtual travel assistant has numerous guides to the most popular travel destinations in this part of the world:
Are you overwhelmed by your never-ending to-do list? We’re happy to jump in with a perfect solution to deal with everyday tasks the easy way!
If you are looking for further assistance, our app will show you how to deal with the following tasks effortlessly:
- Taking your passport photos at home
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Stopping annoying email and text spam
- Filing FOIA requests with ease
- Creating legal documents, including powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
If a company refuses to cooperate, use DoNotPay—the world’s first robot lawyer—to sue it in small claims court! Getting the justice you deserve is only a few clicks away!
You can also use our app’s various features to do the following:
- Find unclaimed funds
- Demand refunds
- File warranty claims
- Cash out used gift cards
- Submit insurance claims
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify different mailing services