How Much Will an India Tourist Visa Cost You?
If you’re estimating your expenses for your trip to India and wondering whether a tourist visa might cost you a pretty penny, don’t worry! DoNotPay explains how much an India tourist visa can cost you and what you need to successfully apply for one!
To find out how much a tourist visa to India costs, take a look at the following table, which states the price of every type of tourist visa:
|Validity||Allowed Number of Entrances||Price for an Indian Tourist Visa per Tourist|
|30 days (from July to March)||Two||$25|
|30 days (from April to June)||Two||$10|
If you decide to apply for an Indian visa online (e-Visa), expect an additional 2.5% bank transaction charge that’s calculated based on the type of visa you opt for.
Other than the tourist visa fee, India imposes the following additional requirements for all tourist visa applications:
- A valid passport with two blank pages for the visa and entrance stamps
- A passport-size photo of yourself that meets the following conditions:
- The format of the photo must be JPG
- You mustn’t apply any borders or frames to the photo
- The size of the photo mustn’t be less than 10kb or over 300kb
- You must show your entire face, without coverings or grimaces
- The background must be as blank and light as possible
- Access to any accepted payment method
- A completed Indian tourist visa application form
- Statement of your residency
- Proof of your reason for visiting that can be
- An itinerary
- A tour guide
- An invitation letter
If the tourist visa fee for India suits you, you can submit your application in two ways:
The application process is the same for both and includes entering all of the required information and uploading the necessary paperwork. The difference is that the e-Visa grants you an Electronic Travel Authorization while the regular application requires you to visit an Indian diplomatic mission to pick up a physical tourist visa.
Because crime, civil unrest, and new COVID-19 cases are on an all-time high, India imposes the following entry requirements:
- India is not issuing any visas nor validating issued ones at the moment of writing this article
- Tourists are not allowed entry until further notice
Check the website of the Bureau of Immigration website regularly to keep up with updates to these restrictions.
If you have any questions about the requirements or cost of a tourist visa to India, you can contact one of the Indian diplomatic missions in the United States using the information from the table below:
|Diplomatic Mission||Phone Number||Address|
|Embassy of India, Washington DCfirstname.lastname@example.org||2107 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008|
|Consulate General of India in New Yorkemail@example.com||3 E 64th St, New York, NY 10065|
|Consulate General of India in Chicagofirstname.lastname@example.org||455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr Suite 850, Chicago, IL 60611|
|Consulate General of India in Atlantaemail@example.com||5549 Glenridge Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30342|
|Consulate General of India in San Francisco||
||N/A||540 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118|
|Consulate General of India in Houstonfirstname.lastname@example.org||4300 Scotland St, Houston, TX 77007|
Learn all about tourist visa requirements and available application processes from the comfort of your home. DoNotPay helps you check whether you have all of the necessary paperwork and shows you the fastest way to a tourist visa for any country! Our app is a perfect choice if you want to:
- Rid yourself of bureaucratic hurdles
- Avoid searching through tons of websites for information about a specific tourist visa only to find out all of them are out-of-date
- Streamline your tourist visa application process
To get started:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Search for Tourist Visa Guide
- Confirm that you’re a U.S. passport holder
- Enter the country you plan to visit
Besides India, Asia is full of diverse cultures, people, and cuisine you can explore. If India isn’t your final stop or you’re planning your next vacation, access DoNotPay to find out whether you need a tourist visa and how to apply for one for the following Asian countries:
|Sri Lanka||South Korea||Pakistan|
Are you too busy to go to Target, Walmart, or photo studios to get your passport photos taken? DoNotPay offers you the possibility of taking them yourself and having them edited without going anywhere!
Here are some other tasks you can complete with ease using DoNotPay:
- Contest parking tickets
- Enroll in various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Locate inmates and write letters to them
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify mailing services
- Demand gift card cash back
Interested in a specific service or platform? Make sure to get the best out of your free trial without getting charged and ending up with an unwanted paid membership. Even if you make a mistake, DoNotPay can end your subscription in a few simple steps!
Our system allows you to generate virtual credit card numbers to prevent platforms from getting your real bank details and using them for unauthorized transactions. We also offer burner phone numbers that will help you go through any subscription or verification procedure without disclosing personal details.