How to Stop IMFS Debt Collection Agency from Harassing You
Despite hard work and planning, financial hardship still happens. If you are facing financial difficulties, you are not alone. Worldwide more and more people are facing financial struggles and unwanted debt calls. If you are receiving calls from , you might not know where to begin to solve your financial dilemma.
Debt collection companies such as Moorcroft, Advantis, Lowell, and DWP take over unpaid debts and are aggressive in their methods. They will contact you using various methods. In some situations, bailiffs will even become involved with the help of Marston.
While rectifying debt can be overwhelming, it is essential to research and know your rights. Some companies, such as Provident and Amigo Loans may even owe you a refund. Luckily, DoNotPay understands how complicated and stressful debt management can be and is here to help!
Understanding Your Debt
When you receive unwanted calls from collection companies, it is natural to panic. However, it is important to relax and take a few steps to help resolve the situation.
Who is IMFS?
(short for Improved Financial Solutions) is an award-winning debt collection company, and the trading style of Integrated Contact Solutions Ltd. Debt collection companies buy debts from companies that have failed to receive payment. The companies sell the debts at a loss, but the collection companies can still ask for the full amount of the amount owed.
Determining the Source of the Debt
Since IMFS is not the original creditor you owe, you need to determine the source and legitimacy of the claim.
- Ask for the original source if you do not know it.
- If you do not think the debt is valid you can ask for a debt verification request.
- They are required to send you back a debt validation letter in writing verifying the original owner of the debt, what the debt was for, how much is owed, and the age of the debt.
- If the debt is not valid, you must file a dispute.
- If an invalid debt is not removed, contact your local ombudsman.
Understanding Your Rights
Even if you have a valid debt with IMFS, you are privy to rights and protection. Knowing what is and what is not allowed can help save you from harassment.
Actions Collection Companies Are Allowed to Take
- Calling you between 8 am and 9 pm on weekdays
- Come to your home (They do not have the right to come inside or take property)
Actions Collection Companies Are Not Allowed to Take
- Calling you after you ask them to stop
- Contacting or discussing your financial situation with anyone besides you
- Contacting you outside of weekdays between 8 am and 9 pm
- Showing up at your place of work
- Taking your belongings
If you find yourself a victim of debt collection harassment, you are entitled to sue the company. Contacting an attorney is the best option at this juncture.
Reasons Debt May Be Void
Even if you have a legitimate debt that is bought by IMFS, there are a few reasons you may not be required to pay. These include:
- IMFS collectors are guilty of harassment.
- Debt in the UK has a six-year statute of limitations. If your debt is older than six years, you may not have to pay it.
- If you have been diagnosed with a mental illness, your debt is not allowed to be sold. Talk to your mental health provider for more details and documentation.
Resolving IMFS Debt On Your Own
If you have a legitimate debt with IMFS and would like to settle it on your own, you have a few options.
- Pay the debt in full. This is the easiest option but is often not possible.
- Call IMFS and arrange for a payment plan.
- Contact a debt relief attorney.
|IMFS Debt Collection Agency Contact Information|
|Online Support||Customer Care Service Portal|
|Address||4100 Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds,
West Yorkshire, England, LS15 8GB
Solve Your IMFS Debt Problem With DoNotPay
Resolving debt and managing collection companies is a hassle. There are a lot of intricacies to debt management, and the process can be formidable. DoNotPay understands the struggle of debt management and is here to help in a few easy steps!
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
That is all you have to do! After these three steps, DoNotPay will help you decide on the best course of action.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You Do?
Helping you resolve debt is just one of the many ways DoNotPay can help you. We strive to save you time, stress, and money in every way possible. Here are a few of our amazing services:
- Increase Your Credit Limits
- Try Free Trials Without Unwanted Credit Card Charges
- Get Help Paying Your Bills
To learn more about these services, as well as many more, visit DoNotPay today!