Automate the Illinois Sex Offender Registry Search With DoNotPay
You may think you are safe in your neighborhood, but statistics say differently. An appalling 77% of sexual assault victims were attacked in their homes or neighborhoods. Keeping up to date with the background of your neighbors is crucial.
Sign up for DoNotPay and gain access to our automated notification system. This way, you can have peace of mind without performing endless and irregular manual searches.
Thanks to Megan’s Law, all American citizens are allowed access to the sex offender registry of each state. This way, everyone can get info about their surroundings and the registered predators residing in the vicinity.
According to the sex offenders registration laws, Illinois sex offenders have to appear in the State’s Sex Offender Registry in case they are:
- Convicted of a sexual offense (tier 1, 2, or 3). The most common convictions include:
- Crimes involving child pornography
- Criminal sexual assault
- Criminal sexual abuse
- Aggravated criminal sexual assault
- Aggravated criminal sexual abuse
- Found not guilty of the sexual offense by reason of insanity
- Subjects of a finding that does not result in an acquittal of the sexual offense
The Illinois counties where you’ll find the highest number of sex offenders are:
- Cook County
- Lake County
- Winnebago County
- Peoria County
- Will County
People whose names appear on the Illinois sex offender list need to respect certain sex offender laws and restrictions, including those regarding:
- Location of their residence—Offenders are not allowed to live within 500 feet of a school or a park
- Social media usage—They cannot use any social media while serving parole or probation or being under supervised release
- Traveling—Sex offenders have to report to the local authorities any residence where they are staying longer than three days in a year (not necessarily consecutive)
- Living with children—They must report their intention to move into a household where a child below 18 years of age lives. This doesn’t apply to the offender’s children
The potential restrictions offenders may face while on the Registry can lead some of them to try and bypass the law and remain unregistered.
Failure to register as a sex offender can lead to harsh and often lengthy punishments.
|Failing to comply with the Registration Act once||Class 3 felony||Two to five years of imprisonment|
|Failing to comply with the Registration Act for a second time||Class 2 felony||Three to seven years of imprisonment|
Many state sex offenders registries, including the Illinois State Police website, offer a couple of ways you can search the registry:
- Keyword search
- Map search
The search fields you’ll find on the Illinois State Police website are:
- First name
- Last name
- ZIP code
- County/Incarcerated/Out of state
- Compliance status
- Offender type
You can use one or a combination of several parameters for your search.
To search Illinois sex offenders geographically:
- Go to the Sex Offender Mapping page on the state police website
- Type in your address or pinpoint a location on the map
- Select a yellow marker to get info about the specific offender whose house is pinned
Both these methods are time-consuming since you can’t sign up for regular notifications. DoNotPay is here to help you set up a more effective system of updates on the changes in the Illinois Sex Offender Registry.
The number of sex offenders in the registry of every state is growing. You should take no chances—regular checks of your neighborhood’s safety are essential.
A manual search of the Illinois Sex Offender Registry may work for one-time inquiries. It’s impossible to keep up this approach in the long run, though—today’s busy life doesn’t allow for it.
DoNotPay can cut out the typing and browsing from your regular sex offender registry searches. Our tool runs automatic searches for sex offenders in your area. Your job is to set the parameters and relax.
Here are a few benefits of using DoNotPay:
- It’s fast and easy to use
- You can search for a specific person or set an automatic scan of your vicinity
- You can request a customized weekly update, depending on your search parameters
The steps you need to take are as follows:
- Go to Sex Offender Search on your DoNotPay account
- Pick the search method
- Offender’s name
- Area scan
- Pick the proximity to your location that you want to check
Dealing with administrative procedures is never a fun experience. Not only is it time-consuming, but it’s also extremely inconvenient and impractical. Luckily, we have a practical solution!
Use DoNotPay to cut through the red tape and handle any bureaucratic issue that comes your way stress-free! Check out the list below to see a fragment of tasks you can tackle with our help:
- Draw up a plethora of legal documents
- Stay safe from sex offenders
- Sue any company in small claims court
- Report work discrimination
- Apply for violent crime victim compensation program
- File a FOIA request
- Get your documents notarized with a remote notary
DoNotPay provides you with a ton of other services you can find useful when completing your everyday tasks.
You can contact customer service support without waiting for hours, request refunds from various companies, file a missing package claim, and get compensation for missed or delayed flights in a few clicks!
If you want to earn some money, we can help you with:
- Applying for free trials
- Getting gift card cash back
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Entering different raffles free of charge
- Enrolling in paid clinical trials