How to Contact Inmates at Huttonsville Correctional Center
The Huttonsville Correctional Center is located in Randolph County, West Virginia. Adjacent to this complex is the Huttonsville Work Camp facility, which makes it confusing for families who want to contact a loved one who might be residing at Huttonsville.
Don't worry. DoNotPay can help. You can use the app to contact an inmate at Huttonsville or any facility in the US. This article explores
- Huttonsville Correctional Center contact information and how to address a letter to an inmate there
- How to Use DoNotPay to contact inmates at Huttonsville
- Inmate visitation rules at Huttonsville
- Things you need to know when writing a letter to a prisoner
Let's get started with the contact information you seek.
Huttonsville Correctional Center Contact Details
The table below includes the contact details of the Huttonsville Correctional Center.
|Name of Facility||Huttonsville Correctional Center and Jail
(This is a different facility from the work camp.)
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 1
Huttonsville, WV 26273
|Phone Number||(304) 335-2291|
How to Address a Letter to an Inmate at Huttonsville Correctional Center
To address a letter to an inmate at Huttonsville, indicate their complete name and ID number. The address will look like this:
Full inmate name, ID number
Huttonsville Correctional Center
PO Box 1
Huttonsville, WV 26273
Be sure to include your complete name and address on the outside of the letter, too. Otherwise, staff might toss it.
DoNotPay Makes It Easy to Contact Inmates at Huttonsville Correctional Center
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer. It exists to help people like you, and it's helped thousands of people get in touch with their incarcerated families. If you're unsure how to reach an inmate at Huttonsville Correctional Center by yourself, follow the steps below.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
See how easy that was? Now, let's think about inmate visitation at Huttonsville.
Inmate Visitation at Huttonsville Correctional Center
Huttonsville Correctional Center is a mixed custody facility. In other words, all sorts of inmates are housed there, ranging from minimum to maximum security. As such, the facility is known for strict visiting hours, routines, and schedules.
- Huttonsville Correctional Center visitations are only on Saturdays and Sundays, from 8 am-3:30 pm.
- Visitor processing ends at 2:30 pm.
- You must contact the Center before visiting and create a visitor file.
- Staff will not let you in if you haven't started the file and been approved.
Be sure to dress correctly for a visit. Staff won't let you in if you're dressed provocatively. That means no short skirts, high heels, gang clothing, or biker gear. Wear long pants and a comfy shirt. Leave your good jewelry at home.
If you've applied for a visitor file, you should let your incarcerated family member know.
Your Family Member Would Love to Hear From You During This Difficult Time
Incarceration is a difficult experience, and the best thing you can do is reach out to your family member to support them emotionally. Be sure to keep the tone light and loving. Dwell on light-hearted topics like these:
- How much you care about your inmate
- You're working on a visitor file and will see them soon (this will be a massive ray of hope for them.)
- Fun stories about family gossip, like who is getting married, who is pregnant, who got a new job
- Silly jokes that don't offend anyone
Topics to avoid include:
- How it's a struggle to pay bills or deal with the landlord right now
- Anything related to crimes or criminal behavior
- Anything about court cases
- Overly sexy language
- Any hate language
It might take a few tries to get your letter right. And that's okay! The point is that your family member knows you miss them. And remember, you can always use DoNotPay to reach out to an inmate at Huttonsville Correctional Center or any other facility.
Spend some more time on the app and see other ways we can help. Maybe you'd like to enroll in some clinical trials to earn extra cash or look into plasma or egg donation. DoNotPay is here for you during this tough time.