The Easiest Way to Get Your Hunting License in Wyoming
Wyoming is a state that features stunning natural beauty and plenty of opportunities to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. For hunters, Wyoming is a virtual paradise, with options to hunt everything from big game like elk and deer to turkey and pheasant.
Regardless of what type of animal you prefer to hunt, you will need a Wyoming hunting license to hunt in the state legally. There are specific requirements for residents and non-residents and a variety of additional licenses and certifications before you head to the trails. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about getting a hunting license in Wyoming.
Who is Eligible to Get a Hunting License in Wyoming?
According to the Wyoming Fish & Game Department, all Wyoming residents who are 12 and older must have a resident hunting license if they plan to hunt in the state. Additionally, non-residents who are 12 and older must have a non-resident hunting license in Wyoming and any additional permits and certifications required for the type of game they are planning to hunt.
Wyoming Hunting License Types
There are a wide variety of hunting licenses in Wyoming. Here are a few of the most popular Wyoming hunting licenses:
1. Wyoming Resident Hunting License
The state of Wyoming considers a resident to be someone who has lived in Wyoming for at least one year prior to applying for a resident hunting license. All Wyoming residents 12 and older must have the Wyoming resident license in order to hunt legally, as well as the Conservation Stamp and any special permits required.
2. Non-resident Wyoming Hunting License
Non-residents of Wyoming must purchase a non-resident hunting license in Wyoming, as well as the Conservation Stamp. There might also be special requirements, depending on what type of game you plan on hunting.
3. Youth Hunting License
Residents and non-residents ages 12 to 17 may purchase a youth hunting license in Wyoming to hunt big game.
4. Senior Hunting License
Wyoming residents who are at least 75 years old and have lived in the state for at least 50 years continuously may be eligible for a Pioneer License and are exempt from purchasing the Conservation Stamp.
5. Military and Veteran License
Wyoming does offer a special license for members of the military and veterans if resident conditions are met. These veterans are also not required to purchase the Conservation Stamp. Rules and regulations regarding military and veteran hunting licenses change every year, so check the Wyoming Game & Fish Department website for more details.
Wyoming Hunting License Costs
The price of hunting licenses can change every year. Depending on the particular type of game you wish to hunt, they also fluctuate wildly. Here are current price ranges for Wyoming's most popular hunting licenses:
|Resident Hunting License in Wyoming||$74 - $3,000, plus a $5 application fee|
|Non-resident Hunting License in Wyoming||$55 - $5,000, plus a $15 application fee|
|Youth Hunting License||$35 - $1,000|
|Senior Hunting License||$30 - $650|
|Military and Veteran Hunting License||$74 - $2,300|
How to Get a Wyoming Hunting License on Your Own
There are a couple of different ways to get a hunting license in Wyoming on your own.
- You can apply for a hunting license online through the Wyoming Game & Fish Department website. Make sure to have all your personal information on hand when filling out the application, as well as a form of payment.
- You can purchase a Wyoming hunting license through an approved retailer, such as a tackle shop or hunting supplies store. Make sure to call ahead before stopping by the store to ensure that the location still offers that service.
Purchasing your Wyoming hunting license through either of these methods can be time-consuming and even stressful. Navigating an official website can leave you with a headache, as well as a mountain of information to fill out, and buying a hunting license in person can be unreliable, especially if the store has changing hours. The best solution for purchasing a Wyoming hunting license is by using DoNotPay, the fast, easy, successful solution for getting your hunting license in Wyoming.
Easily Get a Hunting License for Wyoming with DoNotPay
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to get your hunting license in Wyoming in three easy steps:
- Search "hunting license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a hunting license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, an annual or one-time pass, big game or small game license, bear tag, etc.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get the hunting license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
DoNotPay is the Foolproof Way to Get a Hunting License in Wyoming
DoNotPay makes it easy to get your Wyoming hunting license. In just a few simple steps, you can get what you need to get on the trails without having to fill out a multitude of forms or making numerous phone calls. DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful, making it the best solution for hunters of all ages, whether you live in Wyoming or are just visiting for a weekend.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do so much more than hunting and fishing licenses. Here’s a short list of just some of the many ways we can make your life easier:
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets