Deal With Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors Debt Collectors the Easy Way
If you have fallen into the debt cycle, then you have probably heard about . We live in tough economic times, and the average person can attest to the fact that inflation in the prices of goods and services has made life a bit harder. This has prompted millions of people to obtain loans, while others default from paying for some services because having limited funds means they can only cater to their priorities.
Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors is one of the leading debt collection companies in the UK. If you may have heard about the infamous antics they may use to collect debts or you have personally experienced it, DoNotPay can help.
Who Is Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors Debt Collectors?
primarily offer debt recovery services to various companies in the United Kingdom. Their head offices are located in West Yorkshire, England. The company is a registered debt collection agency and has been given the green light by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to collect debts not only in England but also in Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
The FCA has laid out guidelines that debt collecting companies should follow when asking for their dues. However, Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors Debt Collectors sometimes may fail to adhere to them. This is because the company purchases debts from creditors and attempts to make a profit by collecting them.
Therefore, it's not uncommon for the company and other debt collectors to use all means necessary to collect the debts, even if it means breaking the rules sometimes.
Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors Debt Collectors Contact Information
The following are ways in which you can get in touch with Howard Cohen Co Solicitors Debt Collectors:
|Phone:||0870 751 3202|
|Post:||29 Park Sq West, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2PQ.|
What the Law Says About Debt Collectors Like Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors
Howard Cohen Co Solicitors is a legitimate debt collection agency, and they are allowed to operate in the UK just like any other business company. Even so, you should expect fair treatment when the company contacts you to settle your debts.
To ensure debtors are treated fairly, The Office for Fair Trading (OFT, 2012) established some guidelines that Howard Cohen Co Solicitors and other debt collectors should adhere to.
- They must be fair with debtors at all times and desist from using aggression to collect debts. They should not use threats and also not be oppressive when collecting their dues.
- Debt collectors should always be clear and transparent when communicating with debtors. As such, they should not communicate any misleading information.
- They should be lenient and willing to show consideration to people experiencing financial difficulties.
- They must always ensure that debtor's circumstances are always taken under keen consideration.
Can I Complain About Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors Debt Collectors?
If you have reason to believe Howard Cohen Co Solicitors acted poorly when demanding payments, you can file an official complaint against the company. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you can escalate matters by filing a complaint to the FCA, the Financial Ombudsman Services, or the Credit Services Association (CSA).
The Financial Ombudsman Services contact information:
- Address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0300 1239 123
The Credit services association contact details:
- Address: Credit Services Association Ltd, 2 Esh Plaza, Sir Bobby Robson Way, Great Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 9BA
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 0191 2170 775
How DoNotPay Can Be Useful
There is no doubt that dealing with debt collectors such as Howard Cohen Co Solicitors may be exhausting and mentally draining. It gets even worse when you are financially unstable and the company still calls you constantly and pressurizes you to settle the debt.
DoNotPay understands the hassle and frustration debt collection agencies can bring and that's why we are dedicated to helping you deal with Howard Cohen Co Solicitors debt collectors. We will guide you through a few questions with the sole purpose of assisting you to select the best action to take to deal with your debt. Moreover, we will help you complain to the FCA, CSA or the Financial Ombudsman Services if you feel you have been handled unfairly.
Here's how to get started:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
And that's it. Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the relevant trade association or ombudsman.
DoNotPay Can help You With Debts From Any Company
You can use DoNotPay to deal with debts from other companies. Below are only a few of the debt collectors that we have successfully dealt with:
- Provident Loans
- Marston Group Holdings
- Lowell Financial
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- DWP Debt Management
- Advantis Debt Collection
- Amigo Loans
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has many other products to help you handle your legal issues and other challenging tasks such as:
- Helping you to cancel unwanted subscriptions
- Helping you file a complaint against corporations
- Helping you get free trials without the surprise charge
- Helping you negotiate your bills
Simply now and let us assist you to deal with Howard Cohen & Co Debt Solicitors appropriately.