How to Make Extra Money While Collecting Disability
Thanks to online opportunities, you really can benefits.
The combination of the gig economy and the internet have brought us a number of different ways for you to make extra money to make ends meet between disability payments. There are a number of opportunities online that might be a good fit for you. In many cases, armed with the skills you used to use at your job and your computer, this can be translated into online employment. For example, if you were a bookkeeper before you were disabled, you can do bookkeeping online from your own home. If you are more retail-minded, you can start selling things on eBay or Etsy.
When you are on disability, you have to carefully weigh how much you can make outside of your benefits. If your disability benefits are paid through the Social Security Administration (SSA), your disability benefits are known as Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) , and you are tightly restricted by the amount you can earn. It takes a lot to qualify for SSDI benefits as it is, and you don't want to lose them.
SSA does have a program known as the Trial Work Period (TWP) where you can test out your ability to make it in the workplace. This is seen as your attempt to get off disability and return to Substantial Gainful Activity (SGA). For example, for the year 2022, you are allowed to make $970 a month above and beyond your benefits. Earning more than that is considered Substantial Gainful Activity (SGA), and you could easily lose your benefits if you continue to make more than that amount. During the trial work period, you can make as much as you can without having your benefits taken from you as long as you report your earnings, and follow the rules. When you get to a certain point, your disability might be reassessed, and there is a possibility you may lose your benefits. However, you will also have an understanding that if your disability makes it so that you can't work again, your benefits can be easily reinstated.
|Making Money on Disability Tip #1||Are you the creative type? You can make money online by selling your artwork, music, articles, or services.
If you are the creative type, you can market your skills on sites like Fiverr. Fiverr allows you to see opportunities and bid on them. It caters to artists, musicians, and freelance writers. If you are a writer, you might also want to take a chance to publish your work on Medium or contract with a content mill writing blogs, web content, and other articles for clients.
|Making Money on Disability Tip #2||Can you sew? You can create clothing or accessories and open an online retail storefront.
Companies such as Etsy are looking for creative types to open a storefront on their site and sell their goods. Whether it is clothing or accessories such as unique homemade jewelry, there is a market for these things you can create. The crafts that you enjoy doing in your spare time or on the weekends can be a valuable source of income for you.
|Making Money on Disability Tip #3||Do you have a knack for finding old treasures and restoring them? You can always find a market for those types of goods on eBay.
If you are gifted enough to find treasures at garage sales and thrift stores and restore them, you can sell those items on eBay. It can be collectibles, electronics, or anything that has potential value. Making money online with eBay is a good option if you are looking to downsize goods in your home that someone else might have a use for. You can even monitor your sales from your phone to make it even easier.
|Making Money on Disability Tip #4||Have you thought of becoming an influencer? You can make money on social media.
An influencer speaks to a specific niche. You can advertise on social media and get donations to support what you have to say and who you are. If you have incredible powers of persuasion, you can start a blog and build a following.
|Earning Money While On Disability Tip #4||Do you have a gift for financial investments? There is always a market for investment advice.
Do you successfully play the stock market? Learn how to sell stocks online for a steady stream of income. If you are already dabbling in Crypto, you can go online at Coinbase and use your talents to make money there. For more traditional stocks, Robinhood is there for you to trade stocks.
How to Get Started Making Money While on Disability
If you are ready to see what your options for might be, you can get started by doing the following:
- Sit down and make a list of all of your skills.
- Go on the internet and search for the best place to market those skills.
- Keep doing internet searches until you find something that feels right for you.
- Start a storefront or open accounts at the sites that make the most sense.
- Go in cold and do your best.
- Become frustrated because you have no idea what you are doing.
- Seek advice from sources such as DoNotPay.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Get Started Making Money Online
DoNotPay has a wealth of resources for making money online. They are ready and waiting to help you make money by:
- Becoming an egg donor.
- Participating in clinical trials.
- Data breach protection.
- Legally investing in the markets.
- Becoming a plasma donor.
- Find missing money from trusts or forgotten bank accounts
Here's how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you're interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay can help you solve problems of every kind across all areas. Here are just a few things DoNotPay can help with;
- Make payment arrangements to help you pay your bills.
- Get cashback from your unused gift cards.
- Find missing money in your name.
- Get free trials that are actually risk-free.
- Get free raffle tickets to win cash and other prizes.
- Skip the queue and go to the front of the line for customer service.
- Contest parking tickets from anywhere.
- Get help lowering the APR on your credit cards.
- Consolidate your payday loans.
- Lower your property taxes.
- Find low-income housing.
- File insurance claims of any kind.
- Learn how to make money on robinhood.
- Learn how to make money on the internet.
- Learn how to make money on the stock market.
- Learn how to make money on your phone.
- Learn apps you can make money on.
- How to make money on coinbase.
Visit DoNotPay today to see what all they can do. DoNotPay is the easy way to get solutions to your problems, and it all starts with the click of a button.