How to Make Money Selling Books on Amazon
As one of the most recognizable and profitable companies in e-commerce, Amazon's vast selection of products attracts millions of shoppers on a daily basis. Despite their tremendous product line, Amazon's book sales continue to dominate the market over other booksellers.
In addition to selling books direct from publishers, Amazon has opened the door for multiple ways of selling books on their site. From Kindle direct publishing and reselling books to their affiliate sales program, there are several avenues to .
This guide will describe the various ways you can earn extra money selling books on Amazon. We'll also show you how DoNotPay's innovative web platform can show you how to make money selling other online products.
Why You Should Sell Books on Amazon
- Most books are already listed, saving you the work of typing descriptions and other information.
- Amazon can handle fulfillment if you use the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program.
- Amazon offers various ways to sell books through its website.
- They handle all payment matters and assist in any fraudulent transactions.
What Books to Sell on Amazon to Make Money
Popular book types selling on Amazon include the following:
- New books through wholesalers, distributors, or publishers.
- Used books.
- Collectible or rare books
Extra Tips Before Selling Books on Amazon
Follow these tips to increase your book sales:
- Research which genres and categories of books are popular.
- Check the Best Seller Rankings to find high-demand books.
- Accurately describe the book's condition in your listing.
- Price your books similar to your competitors.
- Track your sales performance to find popular and slow-moving books and make adjustments accordingly.
How to Sell Books on Amazon for Cash
Here are the steps to help set up your book sales on Amazon.
- Build your book inventory through either wholesale purchases, local sources, or auctions.
- Create an Amazon seller account under an Individual or Professional seller.
- Decide how you will handle inventory, packing, and shipping. The choices are as follows:
|Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)||In this arrangement, you post books for sale, but Amazon handles the shipping and customer service. This is a popular option for beginner sellers.|
|Fulfillment by merchant (FBM)||As an FBM seller, you handle storage, packing, shipping, and customer service as each item is sold.|
|Amazon vendors (AMZ)||You sell all of your books directly to Amazon. While not the most profitable method, it is the fastest way to unload any extra inventory quickly. This method is best for people who have closed brick-and-mortar bookstores and need to unload many books.|
- Set your pricing depending on the books' conditions, if they are used or new, or they are collectibles. Be sure to take packing and shipping costs into consideration when setting prices.
- List your books on the product page using the ISBN code on Amazon's search bar or by entering the title manually.
How to Make Money Selling Ebooks on Amazon
E-Books are hot sellers since readers can access them on the go with any device. It's also easy to write and self-publish an ebook on just about any subject. Thanks to the Amazon Kindle and Kindle app, ebooks are hot sellers on Amazon. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform makes it easy to upload and edit your ebook before publishing.
To publish and , follow the procedure below:
- Write your ebook in any word processing program, such as Microsoft Word or any open-source software.
- Create an Amazon publishing account.
- Upload and preview your book files on Amazon KDP.
- Set the rights and pricing and agree to the KDP's terms of service.
- Publish your ebook. It will then be available for purchase on Amazon's website.
How to Make Money Selling Books on Amazon Through the Affiliate Program
An alternative to selling your own books is to join Amazon's affiliate marketing program called Amazon Associates. In this program, you simply post the links to your recommended books. When someone purchases a book from your link on Amazon's website, you earn from 1%-10% in commissions, depending on the item.
- To qualify for the Amazon Associates Program, you must have a qualifying website or mobile app. Amazon generally accepts reviewers, content creators, and reviewers for its program. Influencers with an established following can join the Amazon Influencer Program to sell books as an affiliate.
- The Amazon Associates Program is accepting Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tik Tok, and Twitch.tv social media site posts. Your application must include a link to your social media page on these platforms. You should have at least 500 followers.
- If you meet the above criteria, go to the affiliate program account registration page to fill out the application.
- Sites containing insufficient original content face a higher chance of rejection. Amazon looks for reasons customers will seek out your website or social media pages.
Can You Make Good Money Selling Books on Amazon?
The answer to this depends on the niche and type of books you sell. Reselling used and collectible books tend to generate the most profits. It helps to find books through yard sales, library book sales, book flea markets, and heavily reduced books at bookstores.
The method you choose for shipping will also affect how much you make. If you decide to fulfill orders yourself, you must pay to ship for each book you sell. However, when you have Amazon fulfill your orders, you won't pay to ship, though you must pay a fulfillment fee to Amazon.
When looking for books to sell on Amazon, consider the Amazon Sales Rank (BSR) and net profits after deducting fees and shipping costs. The BSR rate reflects how quickly the book sells. The higher the rate, the slower it sells. The BSR shouldn't exceed 100K for the books you plan on selling. After deducting all costs and fees, the book should make at least $2 in profit.
if you have 10-20 ebooks for sale. This can be a hassle-free way of earning a good passive income.
Make Money With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you find other ways to make extra money online with their simple three-step process. Here's how to get started:
- Log in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you’re interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
Learn About Other Ways to Make Money Online With DoNotPay
DoNotPay features many guides on how to make money online. These include the following:
- How to make money on the stock market
- How to make money on Robin Hood
- Use your phone to make money
- Apps that can make you money
- How to make money with your computer
- How to make money on the weekends
- How to make money with social media
- How to make money on Coinbase
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers solutions and guides in many other situations, such as:
- Finding unclaimed money
- Help with bills
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Find free raffle tickets
- Dealing with parking tickets
- Credit card issues
With hundreds of thousands of cases solved, DoNotPay clearly levels the playing field for everyone. We save you time and money and get you the answers you need quickly for many common administrative problems.