How to Make Money on the Side
In today's world, you have so many ways to make money on the side. You may want to learn the best ways to make money on the side or just the easiest ways to make money on the side.
For many people, making money depends on who you are, what you know, what inspires you, how much time you have, and what you can use to make extra money on the side. For many others, it is about how you can make money on the side without spending much time learning, doing, selling, and keeping records. Let us explore your options.
|Make Money Part-Time||You may just want to make money on the weekends or make a little extra money on the side in the evenings with your computer or learn how to make money on the internet. A great way, for many people, is to make some money with social media. Armed with your computer or just with your phone, you will find a lot of apps you can make money on. It is also possible to find missing money you are owed.|
|Make Money by Investing||Thousands of investors make passive income on the side when they learn how to invest on the stock market. Some investors use mobile apps like Robinhood to do commission-free trades. Others learn about making money through cryptocurrency exchanges such as Coinbase.
Whatever approach you take, making money on the side has never been easier. Whether you are just starting out or you are looking for extra ways to make money on the side, DoNotPay is here to help you learn, get even more ideas, and to make it easy to make money on the side. Here are some facts to encourage you.
Why Make Money on the Side?
About 61 million Americans made money from a side hustle in 2021. A Bankrate survey reported that 30% of Americans want the extra money to make ends meet, or for help with paying bills. Another 60% said it was to pay for extras or to put into savings. Many people have a side hustle because it gives them personal freedom, helps them to pursue a passion, and to "give back" while earning extra income. Some people may even have started their side-money activity because they needed help with parking tickets.
How Much Money Can You Make on the Side?
How much money you make on the side depends on many things. A recent survey said:
- The average monthly side income is $1,122.
- 38% make $500 or less.
- 30% make $501 - $1000.
- 18% make $1001 - $1500.
- 14% make $1501 - $2000.
How Much Time Do People Spend Earning on the Side?
In the same survey, respondents said they typically spend this amount of time each week earning money on the side:
- 20% spent 1 to 5 hours.
- 33% spent 5 to 10 hours.
- 20% spent 11 to 15 hours.
- 27% spent more than 15 hours.
Are there Any Problems or Obstacles to Making Money on the Side?
There are certain factors you must take into account to be successful. For some people it will be "all part and parcel of the gig," but for others, the time, effort, and skills needed may be too much to make it really worthwhile. If you are one of them, DoNotPay has the answer.
There is a big difference between active income and passive income. Active income demands time, skills, a desire to succeed, and the right equipment. Passive income is easier. Many people who already have a side income, also learn ways to make extra money on the side.
What Sort of Problems and Obstacles Could You Face?
Many of the opportunities to make extra money on the side include:
- Learning New Skills. While you may be an expert in your favorite subject which people will pay for, you may need to learn how to market yourself or your new brand, or learn how to sell your products or services.
- Investing some money, to begin with. Many people spend money to build a new website, buy a new, more powerful computer, or upgrade their phone, so they can use the apps they need, or buy a new dashcam if they are carrying passengers.
- Buying ads to encourage customers and clients to contact you.
- Joining groups such as Chambers of Commerce, local business clubs, or online businesses to do your marketing for you.
- Paying fees for magazines to keep up to date with the latest hobbies or business trends.
- Buying new clothes, having them cleaned more often, valeting your vehicle, etc.
- Working nights or weekends, when your family is at home.
For some people, these are obstacles and could lead to work-life balance problems. This happens if they have other calls on their time, such as a full-time job or family members to look after. If that is the case, there are easier ways to make passive income on the side.
The 6 Most Popular Ways to Make Income on the Side
All the ways to make money on the side fall into 6 categories:
E-commerce offers many opportunities to use your skills and experience, or to make the most of other people's products and services. For example:
- Sell your own products on Amazon, eBay, and on your own website.
- Market your business to others, so they can sell your products on their websites as your affiliates.
- Sell your experience and knowledge as a consultant.
- Work as a bartender or insecurity.
- Freelance in your spare time. Many small businesses need bookkeepers, accountants, PAs, virtual assistants, and general remote office workers.
- Write or design things for other businesses. Many companies require new web pages, articles, e-books, blogs, tweets, videos, etc. designed, written, and produced for them.
- Become an affiliate marketer, sell other people's products through your website, and earn commissions on every sale.
Design and Sell Your Own Courses
Many solopreneurs and small businesses need to learn how to be better at what you are already good at, so help them to learn.
Become an Investor
Invest in stocks and shares, cryptocurrency, and real estate.
Compete and Play Games
There are many apps, online sports and games, and gambling sites you can play, win, and earn money.
Become a Service Provider
Many people are too busy, too old, too unable, or just don't want to do something, so they pay other people to do it for them. You could, therefore, do several things, spending some time on each. You could, therefore, work part-time as a:
- Special event coordinator or photographer.
- Lyft or Uber driver.
- Pet walker or groomer.
- Babysitter, aging person companion, or house sitter.
- House, public building, or office cleaner.
- Meal, grocery order, or package deliverer.
- Online or in-person tutor.
Source Your Own Products
Many people have a garage, moving, and estate sales. Go to them, buy things at low prices, then advertise them on your website, Amazon, eBay, etc. and sell at a profit.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Make Money on the Side Without the Effort, Time, or Special Skill
Most people who make good money on the side are:
- Skilled or experienced. The skill may, for example, be driving, writing, photography, management, leadership, or systems design.
- Motivated to learn more, work additional hours, and delight their customers.
- Willing to learn new things. Most new ideas or projects demand starting, getting better, then succeeding.
- OK at dealing with rejections, mistakes, and failures.
- Know how to allocate time for activities, so they operate efficiently and successfully.
DonotPay knows that people want to make as much money as easily as possible, and without hassle. DoNotPay has created a system where anyone can make easy money on the side.
DoNotPay shows you how to make some easy money on the side from things like how to:
- Find money you are owed but is missing.
- Get free birthday gifts.
- Earn money from sitting in a room and donating your blood plasma.
- Become an egg donor.
- Take part in clinical trials.
- Invest safely with the law on your side.
- Benefit from what is called stock drop class action lawsuits.
- Benefit financially, from data breaches.
All you have to do is follow these 3 simple steps to get you started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you're interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay offers many ways to help you with many different issues. Here are just a few of them. Check them out and see how you, or someone you know, will benefit. You may want to:
- Learn about gift cards and cash back offers.
- How to make the most of free trials without risking being charged at the end of the trial.
- Understand more about customer service issues.
- Know how to get free raffle tickets.
- Make money on robinhood
- Make money on the internet
- Make money on stock market
- Make money on your phone
- Apps you can make money on
- How to make money on your computer
- How to make money on the weekends
- How to make money on social media
- How to make money on coinbase
- Find out all you need to know about credit cards and their special offers.
Whatever you want to do, it will pay you to learn more about how DoNotPay can help you to easily make more money on the side.