How to Make Money on Poshmark
As a leading reseller, Poshmark features new and gently used, name-brand clothing, beauty, and home decor products. The company touts itself as a social network first, connecting buyers with sellers of popular brands including Nike, Lululemon, Tommy Bahama, Anne Taylor, and Forever 21.
Since there is a demand for name-branded clothing and other products at discounted prices, many Poshmark resellers are quite successful. In this guide, we will describe how you can earn an income on Poshmark including how to find low-cost clothing to sell on the platform.
In addition to earning money on Poshmark, DoNotPay can show you other ways to make money online through their innovative Make Money Online product. Many people use these online opportunities to earn additional income in their spare time.
How to Get Started Selling Items on Poshmark
You can access Poshmark from your computer or through their mobile app. Once you have signed up for an account, you can begin listing your items for sale as follows:
- Click on Sell on Poshmark in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the details of the item you're selling. Your descriptions should be clear and easy to read. Include the size, brand, measurements, and if the item is true to size. Take good quality photos for the listing. You can post up to 16 photos of each item you list.
- If you're on the computer, click Update, and then List This Item. On the app, simply tap Next and then List.
- After you sell your item, Poshmark emails you a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label for your package.
- Drop off the package at your local post office within 2-3 days.
By attending Posh Parties, which are virtual shopping parties, you can browse, buy, and list items with friends. There is also a social community where you can meet others to exchange tips.
Where Can I Get Clothing and Other Items to Sell on Poshmark?
You can obtain inventory to sell on Poshmark in a few ways:
- Your items that are in good condition that you no longer wear.
- Thrift shops, yard sales, and outlet stores are good places to find inexpensive items to furnish your inventory.
- Purchase pallets online from major retailers, who otherwise would return the merchandise to liquidators. These can be purchased for deep discounts.
What Fees Does Poshmark Charge for Selling and Shipping?
|Charge for Selling||Cost|
|Sales under $15||$2.95|
|Sales over $15||20% of the listing price|
|Items up to 5lbs.||$7.11|
|Items more than 5lbs.||Paid for by the seller|
Can You Make Good Money on Poshmark?
Poshmark's low listing fees and free shipping for lightweight items make it easy to profit from sales. There are many reports of successful sellers who earn decent amounts of cash. The majority of sellers do well with Poshmark as a side hustle to supplement other income.
The most successful sellers are those that have many followers. These followers immediately get the new listings on their feeds and can readily share them with others. This grows a network of potential buyers and increases credibility, which all leads to more sales. This perpetual cycle is what keeps them profitable.
The amount you earn comes down to how much time you can devote as a seller. Once your listings are up, your job isn't over. You should log on daily and find and follow people who like the same brands and styles as you do. You can follow thousands of sellers in just a few minutes. Doing so can help increase your following, which can lead to more sales.
Extra Tips on How to Make Money on Poshmark
While there are no guarantees for a major windfall, Poshmark can be a good side hustle, especially if you put in the time, have the inventory to sell, and actively promote your items. Following the tips below can improve your chances of success.
- Have several items listed continuously.
- Some brands may also do better than others. By checking what's trending, you can get a good idea of what buyers are seeking.
- Examine the structure of other sellers' listings and emulate their ideas in your descriptions. Describe your items with keywords that buyers would use in their search.
- Appropriately price your items, as that will attract more customers and increase sales.
- Use natural light in your photos to bring out the color and other qualities.
- Be upfront about the condition of your item. If there are any flaws in the item, mention this in the listing.
- Price your items reasonably. If they are priced too high, they won't sell. If priced too low, you won't make a profit.
- Provide good customer service by being responsive to prospective buyers with questions. Doing so can help improve sales as well as avoid customer service issues.
DoNotPay Can Help You Make Money With Other Products
In addition to selling items on Poshmark, there are many other opportunities on the internet to earn an extra income. Here are just a few of them.
- How to make money on the stock market
- How to make money on Robin Hood
- Use your phone to make money
- Apps that can make you money
- How to make money with your computer
- How to make money with social media
- How to make money on Coinbase
Find Money-Making Opportunities Quickly With DoNotPay
Thanks to their Make Money Online product, you can quickly and easily find other money-making opportunities online. Here's how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you’re interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
Just like that, DoNotPay simplifies the process and brings you immediate results on legitimate online money-making opportunities, saving you countless hours of research on your own.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers solutions and guides in many other situations, such as
- Finding unclaimed money
- Help with bills
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Find free raffle tickets
- Dealing with parking tickets
- Credit card issues
DoNotPay helps you in many situations with their comprehensive guides and solutions. We're here to help you cut through the red tape and save you money and time.