How to Make Money on Maternity Leave
This may not be at the top of your list as you prepare to bring your baby home, but you might want to consider finding out how to make money on maternity leave. Although roughly 70% of women use maternity leave, only about 40% of employers offer some amount of paid maternity leave. The average time off is 10 weeks, so this special time can also be an expensive time.
With a little work, you can find apps you can make money on, and you can get started making money on the weekends. Of course, you don't want to waste your focus while on maternity leave, trying to figure out ways to make money on the side and how to set them up. DoNotPay is here to cut through the confusion and make it as simple as possible.
Ideas for Making Money on Maternity Leave
While there are lots of earning opportunities online, it can get overwhelming to sort through them. To find something that will work for you, it's important to take into account what will fit in your life and what won't. But it is possible to make money on your computer. Here are some options to consider:
|Online Freelance Work||There are a number of ways to make money on the internet as a freelance worker. On websites such as Fiverr, Upwork, and Freelancer.com, you can find listings for work in programming, marketing, writing, design, data entry, and more. If you are fluent in a second language, you can offer your services as a tutor or translator online, either through a company such as Superprof or One Hour Translation, or you can set up your own business.
It's important to be aware of what the typical pay range is for the freelance work you're doing, so you don't over-or under-charge for what you do.
|Social Media||If you have a decent following, you may be able to make money on social media.|
Here are a couple of options:
You can apply for the YouTube Partner Program and start earning ad revenue if your account meets the following guidelines:
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers.
- More than 4,000 qualifying video hours in the last 12 months.
- Your videos meet YouTube's advertising guidelines/
- You live in an eligible area.
- You're linked to a Google AdSense account.
YouTube can be a lucrative business, but it's something you'll need to put substantial work into before you see a return. If you're hoping to have YouTube earnings tide you over during maternity leave, you'll need to start working on your account several months in advance.
Blog ad revenue
If you have a blog with a healthy readership, you can turn those page views into cash through Google AdSense. Here's what you need to know about that process:
- You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Google must approve your website, and the metrics for approval aren't disclosed.
- Your site must have unique content and meet AdSense policies.
Again, this isn't an income source that will pay off quickly. You'll need to spend months building up your page views if you're counting on this money during your maternity leave.
Many people have developed an interest recently in learning how to make money on the stock market. There are many popular apps that can help you do that, and some of them offer the opportunity to invest in cryptocurrency. Here are some of the investing options and the features they have:
- Robinhood is a great way to get started with investing. Investment opportunities can be as low as $1, and no minimum account balance is required.
- Coinbase offers a secure way to invest in cryptocurrency, making it as easy as buying stocks with an online broker. However, transaction fees can run as high as 3.99%
- Cashapp makes it easy to invest in ETFs, Bitcoin, or stocks. It's all done through the app, so you can make money on your phone.
- Acorns is a micro-and Robo-investment service with many small investing options. You can get started with as little as $5. There are no commission fees, but account maintenance fees run from $1 to $5 per month. It also has investing accounts for kids.
- Stash has multiple plans for investing and has fractional share options, some of which you can participate in for less than $5. You can also use the Stock Back Card to earn stock. However, it's a long-term investment trading site, so using it to earn money for your maternity leave will require lots of advance work.
Make it Simpler to Earn Money With the Help of DoNotPay
If all of this seems like it's more complicated than you want to deal with on maternity leave, there is an easier way. DoNotPay features a number of earning opportunities, and we specialize in taking care of the work for you, so it's easy to get started.
Here are just some of the ways we can help you make some cash, while we take care of the footwork:
- Find Unclaimed Money
- Free Birthday Gifts
- Participate in Clinical Trials
- Stock Drop Class Action
- Invest with the Law on Our Side
- Data Breach Protection
- Plasma Donation
- Become an Egg Donor
Sound good? Here's how easy it is to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you're interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
DoNotPay Can Help With Many Problems
Finding investment opportunities is just one product we offer out of many. DoNotPay specializes in finding ways to make your life easier. Here are some of the problems we can help you with:
- Appeal parking tickets
- Create a burner phone
- Deal with customer service
- Get free raffle tickets
- Contact government representatives
- Sign up for free trials without risk
- Find missing money
- Generate virtual credit cards
- Cancel any subscription
- Get help paying bills
- Get cashback for gift cards
- Create an advance health care directive
- Clean up your credit report
- Make money on social media
DoNotPay might be just what you've been missing to help you take care of the most frustrating items on your to-do list. Try us out today!