How to Make Money on Acorns Easily
Hopping on the passive income bandwagon? The idea of making money with little or no effort is appealing to everyone, and investing is one of the easiest ways to get started. One of the most common reasons people hesitate to open an investment account is a lack of knowledge about the stock market. With Acorns, you don't have to know anything to get started. If you're interested in learning how much harder , DoNotPay can help.
Your Options for Earning Money With Acorns
Acorns offers 4 products to subscribers:
|Invest||Make regular or one-time transfers from your bank account to your portfolio to watch your money grow. Based on your risk tolerance and financial goals, Acorns will select a portfolio for you from their Conservative, Moderately Conservative, Moderate, Moderately Aggressive, or Aggressive options. You can switch to a different allocation if their choice isn't a good fit for you. You also have the option to turn on Round-Ups, which round every purchase you make to the next whole dollar amount and invests the change into your portfolio. Portfolios are automatically rebalanced as their values change.|
|Banking||A checking account with no overdraft fees, early access to your paycheck, and the option for automatic investments from your paycheck.|
|Later||An account for your retirement needs. Acorns offer Traditional, Roth, and SEP IRAs for you to choose from based on your tax situation.|
|Early||This product allows you to open investment accounts for minors in your family. All accounts use Aggressive asset allocation because the beneficiaries of the account have such a long time horizon. Use this product to give the children in your life a headstart on educational or retirement savings.|
Subscribers have two tiers to choose from. The $3 Personal tier includes Invest, Banking, and Later. You have to jump to the $5 Family tier to get Early.
- Cash Back - There are multiple ways to get cashback with Acorns. If you are shopping online with the Chrome browser, you can download an extension that will let you know when you are shopping with a merchant that offers cashback through Acorns. If you are shopping at a physical store, you might get what Acorns calls Found Money if you shop with a card you've linked to your account. Cashback may take up to 4 months to process.
- Referrals - When you refer a friend and they sign up with your code, you both get a $5 credit once they add $5 to their account.
- Sweepstakes - Acorns has run sweepstakes where users can complete certain actions in their accounts, called milestones, to earn entries. Milestones include having recurring investments posted to your portfolio, activating the Acorns debit card for your Banking account, or reaching a balance milestone in your Later portfolio. Prizes have been as large as $1,000,000.
Earnings Potential With Acorns
Your earnings potential on Acorns is only bounded by your disposable income and your risk tolerance. As with any type of investment, the greater the risk, the greater the reward potential. With its limited selection of investment portfolios, Acorns is intended to be used over the long term, not for day-trading-like platforms that offer individual stocks and options. It is not recommended that you invest any funds that you will need within the next five years.
Signing Up for Acorns
Acorns accounts are available to all US residents over 18 with a valid Social Security Number. You can sign up for one of two ways:
- In your web browser
- Through the Acorns app
You will need a few pieces of information in addition to your Social Security number to open an Acorns account:
- Email address
- Permanent address (P.O. boxes are not accepted)
- Your checking account and routing number
Members of the following banks can just log into their accounts through Plaid and skip their account and bank information:
- Bank of America
- PNC Bank
- US Bank
- US Navy Federal Credit Union
- Wells Fargo
Find More Money With DoNotPay
If you're not interested in , DoNotPay can help you get more money now in just three steps.
- Log-in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you're interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
If none of the options in the dropdown work for you, there are many other ways to generate more income:
- Start trading stocks and options with Robinhood
- Dip your toe into the cryptocurrency waters with Coinbase
- Start a side hustle with your free time, whether physically or virtually
- Turn your cell phone into a moneymaker with some of these apps
- Become a Tiktok or YouTube star
Explore all your options in our Make Money Online section!