How to Get a Speeding Ticket Dismissed in Tennessee
In Tennessee, drivers are not allowed to drive above the speed limit. If they do, they may get tickets, which can be expensive. The speed ticket may also have long-term consequences on their driving record.
Tennessee's law states how long a speeding ticket will stay on your record, the court costs and how many points it will add to your insurance. In most cases, you may try to find ways to get your speeding ticket dismissed, including tickets for speeding in a work zone.
However, the main problem with getting out of a speeding ticket is that you may not have all your information right. This issue can make you make mistakes that could cost you more money or even get you into more trouble. Additionally, if you don't know how to argue your case correctly, the court may not take you seriously. This situation might not persuade the judge to dismiss your speeding ticket case.
Fortunately, when it comes to getting a speeding ticket dismissed in Tennessee, DoNotPay is the clear solution. Our platform is faster, more convenient, and automated-making it less frustrating for you to solve the issue.
How Much Does A Speeding Ticket Cost In Tennessee?
Speeding tickets aren't cheap, but it is essential to know how much they can cost before getting one. The average price for a speeding citation in Tennessee ranges from $40-$150, with higher speeds resulting in higher costs!
The following are the state's absolute speed limits.
- The speed limit in school zones is 25 miles per hour (40.23 km/h).
- On most state roads and thoroughfares, drivers can reach speeds of up to 65 miles per hour (104.61 km/h).
- On controlled-access highways that have four lanes or more as part of the state or interstate highway systems, a vehicle will typically reach 70 miles/hour (112.65 km/h).
Regardless of the absolute restrictions, Tennessee's fundamental speeding law requires drivers to drive at a prudent speed. However, the surrounding circumstances will determine what constitutes a safe speed.
How to Beat a Speeding Ticket in Tennessee
Getting a speeding ticket is never fun, but luckily, there are ways to get them dismissed. If you're caught speeding in Tennessee, here are some steps that you can take to try to get the ticket dismissed:
|Review the evidence against you||Make sure to review the evidence that the police have against you. That includes the speed you allegedly drove, the distance between you and the police car, and other relevant evidence.|
|Request a hearing||You can request a hearing to contest the ticket. This hearing will allow you to present your case before a judge.|
|Present your case in court||You'll need to present evidence to support your case at the hearing. You can include witnesses, photos, or anything else to prove your innocence.|
|Appeal if necessary||If you're not happy with the hearing outcome, you can appeal the decision. An appeal will give you another chance to plead your case before a judge.|
|Hire an attorney||If you're not comfortable representing yourself in court, you can hire an attorney to help you. An attorney can represent you in court and help you get the ticket dismissed.|
Contesting speeding tickets on your own can be tedious and time-consuming. Luckily for you, DoNotPay can help!
Contest Tickets in Tennessee in Less Than 120 Seconds
DoNotPay has successfully appealed for more than 200,000 parking tickets using Joshua Browder's robot. If you have a parking ticket, your case may be the next one we help with.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Log in to DoNotPay and find the Speeding Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your speeding ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's as easy as that! Check for your traffic citation issuer's response to determine whether you've won your ticket case.
What Kinds of Traffic Ticket Disputes Can DoNotPay Handle?
In the state of Tennessee, you can get help from DoNotPay for five sorts of traffic citations:
- Parking Tickets: If you park in the incorrect location, you will receive a parking ticket. This fine can be substantial, potentially reaching hundreds of dollars.
- Speeding Tickets: If you are caught speeding, the officer will give you a citation, and you'll have to pay hundreds of dollars in fines. You may also get points added to your license, which will raise your insurance rates.
- Running a Red Light: Like speeding, running a red light is a costly traffic violation. If you run a red light or are falsely accused of doing so, you can owe hundreds of dollars and get points on your license.
- Toll Booth Tickets: You may receive a ticket if you don't have an E-ZPass and drive through a toll booth. These tickets can be pretty expensive; as much as $200 for a single violation.
- Seatbelt Tickets: In Tennessee, it is mandatory to wear a seatbelt while driving. If you are caught not wearing one, it may result in an expensive ticket.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can assist you with a variety of other issues, including:
- File a complaint
- Missing money
- City repairs
- Insurance claims
- Car lease negotiation
- Dispute seat belt tickets
- Parking tickets
- Car registration renewal
- Airline flight compensation
When issued a speeding ticket in Tennessee, there are a few ways you can get it dismissed. These include taking a defensive driving course, proving you were speeding for a justifiable reason, or contesting the ticket in court. With DoNotPay, you can easily contest your ticket and have a good chance of getting it dismissed. So don't wait—get started today!