How to Fix Your Equifax Credit Score Fast
Credit health is one of the most important aspects of your financial health. A good credit score can save you thousands on major purchases. However, mistakes or negative marks on your credit report can bring down your score and cost you more money in the long run.
There are three major credit reporting bureaus that include Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. There are a number of ways to fix your credit score, starting with your Equifax credit score. It may be possible to remove debt collections from your report that could boost your score by 30 points or more. Let's take a look at a few ways you can .
What Is Equifax?
Equifax is one of three credit reporting bureaus that financial institutions use when determining whether or not to grant you credit and at what rate. To contact Equifax, you can call them at 1-866-349-5191. You can also contact them through their website. You can also contact them by mail at Equifax Information Services LLC P.O. Box 740241 Atlanta, GA 30374-0241.
What Should I Look For On My Equifax Report?
Your credit report contains information such as personal information, account history information such as late payments, inquiries, and public records. Creditors can review any of this information when determining whether or not to grant you credit.
Strategies On Successfully Disputing Your Credit Report
There are a few things you will need to do before you begin.
- You will need to get a recent copy of your report from Equifax.
- Then, you should review the report to determine if there are any errors that need to be removed.
- If there are no errors, then you may be able to file a debt validation request.
If none of these steps are successful, you may still be able to file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter, which would allow you to pay a set amount in exchange for getting the item removed.
How to Fix Your Equifax Report on Your Own
Here are some strategies you can use to dispute items on your Equifax credit report that are bringing your score down:
- Identify any errors
- Contact the company that has reported the error
- File a dispute with Equifax
- Allow time for the investigation
- Follow-up after the investigation
Next Steps for Cleaning Up Your Equifax Report if You Can't Do It Yourself
There are a few options if the above steps are unsuccessful. You may contact a credit repair agency. However, you will need to ensure it is a legitimate agency as there are many predatory credit repair companies operating that take advantage of people who are uneducated about the process.
This can be an incredibly frustrating situation. However, can help you through the process seamlessly.
Clean Up Your Equifax Report With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution to cleaning up your Equifax report.
How to clean up your credit report using DoNotPay:
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more! **
Why Use DoNotPay to Clean Up Your Equifax Credit Report
When using DoNotPay to clean up your credit report, you can rest assured knowing that the process will be:
- Fast – You don't have to spend hours trying to clean up your report
- Easy – You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in cleaning up your Equifax report
- Successful – You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
DoNotPay Works Across Many Different Companies With the Click of a Button
In addition, DoNotPay can do the following:
- Finding unclaimed money across all 50 states.
- Help you get your birth certificate in Kentucky the same way it could for California.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
is just one of many things DoNotPay can help with. DoNotPay can also help:
|Cancel a service or subscription||Prepare financial aid appeal letters||Help with bills|
DoNotPay can not only help with your credit repair needs, but we can also help with several common issues with the click of a button.