Learn How To File for Divorce in Ohio Without a Lawyer
Follow our guide to finalize a dissolution or uncontested divorce easily. We can also help you draft a divorce settlement agreement in a matter of minutes.
You don’t need to hire a lawyer to get a divorce in Ohio, especially if you go for:
- An uncontested divorce
- A dissolution of marriage
The Buckeye State allows uncontested divorces and dissolution of marriage. While these two are similar and can be used to reduce the time and cost of divorce procedures, you should check out the specific differences to understand what works best for you:
|Dissolution of Marriage||Uncontested Divorce||Both|
|You and your spouse need to:||Either you or your spouse must:
||You and your spouse must:
A dissolution or uncontested divorce in Ohio usually takes between 45 and 90 days, but the time depends on:
- The complexity of your case
- Court workload
- Availability of judges
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow in an uncontested divorce or dissolution process in Ohio:
- Collect the necessary information—You should prepare banking documents, income and cost data, children-related expenses, real estate and tax records, retirement information, and similarly relevant financial and other data related to your marriage
- Fill out the required forms—You can find the online divorce forms on the Supreme Court of Ohio website. Keep in mind that there are different forms for dissolution and uncontested divorce, depending on whether you have children
- File the paperwork—Once you complete the necessary forms, you need to file them with a county court. Since you have to pay a filing fee, you should inquire about the amount with the court
- Have the papers served to your spouse—Unless it’s a dissolution of marriage, you need to notify your spouse officially. You can do this via certified or registered mail, the sheriff’s office, or private process service
- Complete financial disclosures—Both you and your spouse need to disclose your financial information and complete financial affidavits since the court wants to ensure a fair division of debts and assets. In a dissolution, you need to submit this financial information at the beginning of the process
- Sign a divorce settlement agreement—This document needs to include all key matters you and your spouse agree on, and the court keeps the right to review the agreement
Register for DoNotPay to get a divorce settlement agreement in a matter of minutes!
How To File for Divorce in Ohio Without a Lawyer—Draft a Rock-Solid Divorce Settlement Agreement With DoNotPay!
You can use our AI-powered app to draft a top-notch divorce settlement agreement without spending ridiculous amounts of money on lawyers.
All you have to do is subscribe to DoNotPay and complete these steps:
- Type in Divorce Settlement Agreement in the search box
- Provide answers to our chatbot’s questions about your case
- Enter information on your debts, income, and assets
We process the information you provide to create an agreement tailored to your specific requirements that also complies with the local legislation.
Would you like to have it notarized? Don’t log out since you can complete that step through our app.
If you have other doubts and dilemmas regarding divorces, our learning center offers numerous articles on this sensitive subject. Here are some common questions DoNotPay can answer:
- What divorce forms should you use in Montgomery County?
- In what part of your divorce can you use mediation?
- Can you get an online divorce in Ohio?
- What is the cheapest way to get a divorce?
- Can you get divorced without your spouse signing the papers?
DoNotPay is a great way of taking care of your money, whether you’re cost cutting or looking for some extra income. Your new virtual assistant will help you:
|Earn Money||Save Money|
Our app is great for helping you with your money, but the benefits of your DoNotPay subscription don’t stop there. The portfolio of DoNotPay’s products and services is so diverse that anyone can find something useful to make their daily tasks easier.
Find a more comprehensive yet cheaper subscription—we’ll wait!