Filing a Credit Charge Dispute with Chase Visa Southwest

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm and is not licensed to practice law. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help.

How to Clean Your Credit by Filing a Credit Charge Dispute With Chase Visa Southwest

Paying off credit card charges is something that pretty much everyone has to do in today's world. We all have credit cards and use them to purchase items that we can pay off later. It's a great system! But what happens if you find out something wrong on your credit report and realize you need to dispute a credit charge? This can be a challenging process, and you might need help to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.

If you need to challenge a credit charge with , there's a pretty simple way to do it. You can also get help to make the process go even more smoothly and efficiently if you partner with us at DoNotPay. Let's look at how you can file a credit charge dispute with .

What to Look For in a Credit Report From Chase Visa Southwest

If you have a card with Chase Visa Southwest, you can receive a credit report from the company every year. This credit report will tell you what you 've spent, where, and how much you have (or should have) paid off. It can help you calculate your credit score if you need a loan or something. Here is what you'll find on a typical credit report:

Your first and last nameThis could also include any variations or misspellings of your name if you've entered them on any credit card applications.
Your addressThis may also include past addresses where you've received credit reports before.
Your employerIf you've provided employment information to any creditors, it will be included in the report.
Revolving accountsThese are credit card accounts or lines of credit you can regularly borrow from.
Installment loansIf you have a set loan for a car, your college tuition expenses, or a mortgage, this monthly payment information will appear on your credit report.
Open and closed accountsIf you have a bad account that was closed seven years ago, this will be deleted from your report. Accounts closed in good standing will remain on your report for at least ten years.
Your payment historyThis is a history of payments for all accounts except those mentioned above that are deleted from your report.
Recent inquiriesThese include any applications for loans or credit that you have made in the last year or so.
Collection accountsIf you have any unpaid debts sent to a collection agency, they will appear here.
Public recordsThese include any information on bankruptcy, foreclosures, or other events that may have affected your credit history.

All the information on your credit report is used to determine your credit score and how eligible you are for other loans or lines of credit. You must double-check all information on your report to make sure it's legitimate, especially if it could affect you negatively.

How to Dispute a Credit Charge at Chase Visa Southwest

If you find a charge or some other error on your credit report, you can dispute it with the Chase credit card company and the credit bureau. The process is fairly simple.

1. Request a Report

Each year, you can request a free credit report from the three main credit bureaus: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. Just go to and request a credit report. Chase allows you to track your weekly credit score from Experian through their website.

2. Check your Report

Using the information above, determine if all relevant information is included in your report. If you see anything that is incorrect or doesn't seem to apply to you, you can start a dispute.

3. File a Dispute

Contact the credit bureau and the business that provided them with incorrect information. You must dispute with both companies to ensure the inaccurate report is removed from your account. You can find information about each credit bureau by following the links below:

Write the credit bureau a letter explaining why you believe the dispute is legitimate. Include copies that prove your report provides incorrect information (e.g., original receipts, proof of your correct name or address, etc.). Also, include your credit report with the mistakes circled that you want to be fixed. You 'll want to send the letter by certified mail and request a return receipt so you can know for sure the credit bureau got your request.

How to Dispute a Credit Charge at Chase

If you don't want to dispute a whole credit report and simply found an inaccurate charge on your credit score report, you can easily dispute the charge with Chase bank. Here are two simple steps to take:

  1. Contact the merchant. It can take the merchant less time to resolve a complaint. Make sure you record when you contacted them and who you spoke to.
  2. Sign in to your Chase account and follow the instructions to begin a dispute.

Sometimes, this process takes weeks to resolve. Banks are often slow movers, and businesses or merchants can be hard to contact. If you find that you still need help because the bank and/or the business isn't responding, you have other options.

Disputing a Credit Charge with DoNotPay

Here's an easy and simple process for disputing your credit charge by using our nifty DoNotPay website.

  1. Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
  2. Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
  3. Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
  4. If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.

  5. If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
  6. If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
  7. Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.

Using DoNotPay is the simplest option for disputing a credit charge. We can help you solve the problem quickly and easily with no extra work on your part. And we can guarantee that we'll get the job done, no matter how hard it is!

How Else DoNotPay Can Help

If you're struggling with other problems besides disputing credit card charges, DoNotPay can help with those too. You can get help with:

If you need help filing a credit charge dispute with Chase Visa Southwest or finding more ways to save money and handle your finances, take a look at all that DoNotPay can offer you today.

Want your issue solved now?