How to Dispute a Review on Etsy In Less Than 5 Minutes
Whether you're selling hand-thrown pottery or hair barrettes for weddings, you rely on the photos of your work and the reviews on your account to attract new customers. You work hard to make sure that your customers are happy with their merchandise and that they write positive reviews about your products and service. Sometimes, no matter how hard you work, someone leaves a fake or negative review on Etsy.
When you receive a , you need to dispute it and get it removed from the platform. It should be that easy, but it usually isn't. It might be that you tried calling Etsy customer service and got the runaround, or you sent an email, and you haven't heard anything back. You feel like your wasting your time while the review sits on your page. DoNotPay is the partner who can help you get it removed.
Can You Delete an Etsy Review?
On Etsy, you can only remove a review that you wrote, but not one written on your seller's page. If you receive a negative review on your page, you can reach out to the person who wrote the review and try to work it out.
A customer who had a bad experience might be persuaded to remove the review themselves if you make it right. Otherwise, if you have a fake review or one that's problematic in some other way, you can ask Etsy to remove it if it goes against their policies concerning reviews.
Why You Should Report Fake Etsy Reviews
Etsy might be a side business or your main source of income. Either way, if you don’t protect your business from slanderous reviews you could lose your reputation and your livelihood. You should report fake reviews to:
|Provide accurate feedback||Making sure the information that the wider world receives about your products is fair and accurate.|
|Protect your products from slander||People will get the wrong impression about who you are and how you operate if you are constantly bombarded by fake reviews that make your products appear a certain way.|
How to Flag or Report an Etsy Review
You can flag and report a fake or in a few minutes. It's possible for you to take the initial steps of getting a negative review on the Etsy platform. You need to follow a few easy steps, including:
- Within 100 days of the estimated delivery date, go to your Etsy's sellers page.
- Find the review or photograph you want to report.
- Click the "Report the Review" button.
Someone from Etsy will review the report and the review to see if the terms of service have been violated. If they have, Etsy will remove the review.
Reasons Why Etsy Will Delete a Review
Before you can get a review removed from your Etsy's seller page, it needs to meet the requirements for removal. There are a few reasons why Etsy will remove a review, such as:
- Contains advertising for another company or spam.
- Provides personal information.
- Contains drug claims.
- Obscene, racist, or harassing language.
- Discrimination in any form.
How to Remove Negative Reviews on Etsy With the Help of DoNotPay
When a potential customer is considering buying from your Etsy page, they're doing a lot more than looking at the pictures to help them make up their mind. They are reading your reviews to make sure the products arrive as pictured and on time. They also evaluate whether you've had problems in the past, and a negative or fake review can make the difference between getting the sale and not getting it, which is why you strive to always make your customers happy.
When you have a negative or fake Etsy review, it can be a challenge to get it removed. DoNotPay is the way to easily remove a negative review.
All you have to do is:
- Select which platform the review was posted on.
- Enter the url to the review and upload a photo to help us identify it.
- Indicate why you want to report the review and also provide a detailed description.
- And that's it! We'll report the review so that it gets investigated by the platform and taken down once they determine it's inappropriate.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get a Review Removed From Any Platform
If you're selling on the Etsy platform, you're probably selling on other platforms as well, and you need to treat those reviews as carefully as you do the ones on Etsy. DoNotPay is able to help you report and remove negative and fake reviews from most of the platforms you use. Here are some of the most common:
- How to delete a Google review
- How to remove photos from Google Business
- How to delete a Yelp review
- How to delete reviews on Facebook
- How to delete an Amazon review
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The DoNotPay app is designed to help you tackle any of your tasks much easier than on your own and for more things than getting a negative review removed. The app can help make your chores much easier even when they're something unusual and things that you don't do each day. Start with a couple of these:
- Create the documents to file an 83B election
- Enjoy a free trial without the hassle of providing your real credit card information
- Search for missing money in your name
- Block those bothersome spam texts
- And many more!
Join DoNotPay to dispute a review on Etsy before it's too late!