How To Delete Your Zoosk Account and Protect Your Online Data
Sometimes dating sites like Zoosk work fabulously, other times, they just don't pan out for you. You might want to know because you found your perfect match... or because you decided to take yourself off the market until there are better options.
At DoNotPay, we know all about options, as we have hundreds of services to help consumers like you navigate issues from deleting platform accounts to finding hidden benefits from airlines. Let's take a look at the different ways you can delete your Zoosk account through the platform, and how DoNotPay can do it for you... usually faster, and with better results.
3 Reasons to Delete an Unused Zoosk Account
You might think, "well, it can't hurt to leave my account open... just in case!" but right now, you shouldn't be thinking of finding Mr. or Ms. Right. You should be thinking about who could find your information. Here's why you should close your Zoosk account if you don't plan to use it for more than a few weeks:
1. Deter account hackers
Active but seemingly dormant social media accounts draw hackers like flies. The last thing you want is for other Zoosk members or people on your email contact list to get messages from your account advertising products and services you certainly wouldn't endorse.
2. Protect your privacy
Online dating has become a popular way to meet new partners, but that doesn't mean you should leave your profile up forever. Some jobs do online searches for new applicants, and you might not want them to know "what you're into", even if you're only into long walks on the beach.
3. Prevent identity theft
Imagine all the personal information you include in your dating profile: Favorite foods and activities, favorite music, your age range (if not your actual birthday), and even your profile picture. Then add in your login information. That's a LOT of information to leave behind in an uncancelled account!
How to Delete a Zoosk Account
We'll tell you how to delete your Zoosk account from both the app and website, but don't worry—if you've lost your password or Zoosk has banned you from the platform, we can help you with that, too.
The trick is understanding that you have both a Zoosk account and a Zoosk subscription.
Can I Delete With...
Cancel Your Subscription
Before you can delete your Zoosk account, you have to first cancel your paid Zoosk subscription. Here's how to do it through Zoosk. If you want to cancel your Zoosk subscription the easy way, DoNotPay can help with that, too!
Cancel your Zoosk account from the website
- Log in to your Zoosk account at www.zoosk.com
- You can recover your password with DoNotPay if you forgot it.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon in the top left corner of the page.
- Click on "Account".
- Select "Account Status".
- Select "Deactivate Account".
- Click "Deactivate" near the bottom of the screen, which will send you to a confirmation page.
- Confirm by clicking "Deactivate Your Zoosk Account".
Cancel your Zoosk account from the app
- Open the app on your Android mobile device.
- Click the expandable menu in the top left corner.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon next to your username.
- Click "Account".
- Click the pencil next to your "Account Status"
- Click "Deactivate" and follow the instructions.
How to Delete a Zoosk Account with DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but you'd prefer to save time and avoid headaches, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Can DoNotPay Help Cancel Other Accounts?
Sure! Here are just a few platforms from which we can permanently delete your account!
- Delete your Facebook account
- Delete your Instagram account
- Delete your Paypal account
- Delete your Gmail account
- Delete Your Amazon account
- Delete your Uber account
- Delete your Venmo account
- Delete your eHarmony account
- Delete your AOL account
- Delete your Yahoo account
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We can help you with thousands of different consumer issues. Here are just a few of them:
- Appeal account bans
- Get rid of email spam
- Get free trials without risk of being charged
- File a formal complaint against any company
- Send a product return request
Are You Ready to Delete Your Zoosk Account?
We're quick, easy, and we'll get the job done right. And if you decide we are the perfect solution to this tedious issue, just wait until you use us to tackle your other consumer problems!