How To Delete Your YouTube Account Easily
YouTube takes the top spot when it comes to video content. It's probably the most popular platform with billions of video content ranging from vlogs to funny cat videos, music videos, and movie trailers uploaded and shared by millions of users.
But there are times when you want to learn and start afresh or stop using the platform altogether. But not many people know how to delete a YouTube account. Plus, the process might seem a little more complicated for some people.
The good news is that you can now use online services like DoNotPay to help you delete your YouTube accounts, alongside other services like Facebook, Instagram, PayPal, and Amazon. You can depend on the DoNotPay app to help you delete your YouTube account successfully.
How to Delete YouTube Account by Yourself
Learning is a straightforward process you can initiate yourself. But some online users might also have difficulty understanding the account deletion process.
This section discusses how to delete your YouTube account through the website or on your phone.
|Website||Deleting your YouTube account from a browser is relatively straightforward. But you must follow the steps below to ensure the process is successful. It is also worth mentioning that deleting your YouTube account doesn't necessarily delete your Gmail or other Google accounts.
As you can see, deleting your YouTube account is quite simple, but the process can sometimes be overwhelming and somewhat time-consuming.
|Phone||You can also delete your YouTube data and account using the YouTube application on your smartphone. Follow these steps:
It is worth noting that this action cannot be undone. So, you must be sure that this is what you want before proceeding with the account deletion process.
Reasons to Delete Your YouTube Account
There can be multiple reasons for deleting your YouTube account and stopping using the app altogether. And just as with other services like Uber, AOL, Venmo, Yahoo! and Harmony accounts, YouTube collects and stores sensitive data about its users on their website. Usually, this collected data improves the service's quality and content deliverability for each client.
Therefore, if you're planning to delete your YouTube account permanently, it's only logical that you also delete any sensitive data the platform has collected from you. That said, here are some important reasons why you may want to delete your YouTube account:
- Someone hacked into your account
- You no longer use nor require the service.
- Excessive spam or promotional messages in your inbox
- May give hackers access to your other linked accounts like Gmail.
- You have another active YouTube account that you prefer to use.
- Found a better alternative platform
Generally, users have different reasons for deleting their YouTube accounts, including the above reasons.
How to Delete YouTube Account With the Help of DoNotPay
From the above excerpt, you can see that deleting your YouTube account yourself is quite a lengthy process. And the account deletion process keeps changing. So, most times, you might not even manage to delete your account successfully.
DoNotPay is the perfect solution and can help you get your YouTube account deleted quickly, easily, and successfully. The DoNotPay app contacts YouTube directly on your behalf and initiates the account deletion process, so you don't have to.
Follow these steps to delete your YouTube account with the help of DoNotPay:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
The process is straightforward and guarantees the efficient deletion of your account.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your YouTube Account
DoNotPay is the best online platform that guarantees the permanent and complete deletion of your YouTube account. But here are other great reasons why you should consider using the DoNotPay app:
- Fast: the app processes your account deletion requests quickly
- Easy: filling out the DoNotPay form is as easy as filling out an online survey
- Successful: you can trust the application to help you delete your YouTube account successfully
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides just helping you delete your YouTube account, DoNotPay can help you handle other tasks online. Here are some amazing services DoNotPay can help you with:
Knowing how to delete a YouTube account isn't a difficult process. But you can easily make mistakes when deleting your account. DoNotPay provides you with a fast, easy, and successful method to delete your account. Contact DoNotPay today. Success is all but guaranteed.