7 Simple Steps to Delete a Fake Yelp Review
In the modern world, one burnt piece of chicken or a rude coffee barista and the customer can go online and write a review of your business that isn't flattering. More and more potential customers are using Yelp reviews and reviews from other websites to decide where they're going to eat, shop, rent a hotel room, and more. But what happens when someone creates a fake review?
When you run or manage a business and someone posts inaccurate feedback about your product or services, you will want to know how to delete the negative Yelp review as quickly as possible. You might have tried contacting Yelp by phone or email without any success. You find yourself wasting a lot of time and becoming frustrated by the process of removing a Yelp review. DoNotPay is ready to help you get it removed with a minimum of fuss.
Can You Delete a Yelp Review?
While you can delete a Yelp review that you wrote about another business, you can't remove a review written about your own business. If Yelp allowed a business to remove any negative reviews, the website would lose its credibility with its customers.
However, it's possible for you to respond to a negative review and try to make it right with the customer. If you're successful at pleasing the customer, you might be able to get them to remove the review on their own. Sometimes, there are fake reviews or malicious ones, and you'll need to reach out to Yelp to get them to take down this type of review.
How to Flag or Report a Yelp Review
To get a fake or negative Yelp review removed, you'll need to report the review to Yelp along with any evidence that you might have to offer about the review. While Yelp makes it easy to flag a review on your business page, there's no guarantee that they'll remove it. Follow these steps:
- Make sure that you've claimed ownership of your business on Yelp.
- Log into your business page on Yelp.
- Locate the fake or negative review.
- Select the "Report Review" button.
- Using the drop-down menu, choose the reason you're reporting the review.
- Use the box to provide additional information.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
Why You Should Report Fake Yelp Reviews
Many customers now refer to Yelp before stepping into a restaurant or any local business. If you don’t protect your business from slanderous reviews you could lose your reputation and your livelihood. You should report fake reviews to:
- Preserve the integrity of your business. The internet has an unimaginable wide reach and you want to ensure there are no false claims that could taint your reputation as it could mean loss in sales.
- Protect your business from slander. People will get the wrong impression about who you are and how you operate if you are constantly bombarded by fake reviews that make your business appear a certain way.
- Avoid misleading your customers. If a review is making false claims about your business, it is not very helpful to your customers as well. Consumers deserve to have access to accurate and reliable information.
You can reach out to Yelp directly to appeal directly:
|Website||Yelp Support Center|
|Call Center Support||(877) 767-9357|
|email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Reasons Why Yelp Will Delete a Review
There's always going to be someone who doesn't like your salsa or finds some fault with an item you sell, and negative Yelp reviews are part of owning a business. However, there are reasons why Yelp will delete a review, and these include:
- The person who wrote the review isn't a customer
- Discusses your business policies
- Disputes someone else reviews
- Covers someone else's visit
- Plagiarized review
- Offensive remarks
- Hate speech
How to Remove Negative Reviews on Yelp With the Help of DoNotPay
Whether you run a local pizza shop or manage a branch of a major hotel, a Yelp review of your business can help it grow and generate new income or leave it stagnant and unable to entice new business.
While it isn't unusual to have a couple of negative reviews sprinkled in among hundreds of positive ones, there are sometimes reviews that are fake or vile, and you need to remove them. It isn't enough to respond to them. However, if you're having a hard time getting Yelp to take them down, DoNotPay can help.
All you have to do is:
- Select which platform the review was posted on.
- Enter the url to the review and upload a photo to help us identify it.
- Indicate why you want to report the review and also provide a detailed description.
- And that's it! We'll report the review so that it gets investigated by the platform and taken down once they determine it's inappropriate.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get a Review Removed From Any Platform
Although Yelp is an important platform for your business to maintain good reviews, it isn't the only one. For any size business, there are dozens of platforms that allow customers or individuals to post reviews, and the platform doesn't screen them for accuracy before posting them.
When you have a negative review, DoNotPay can help you get them deleted on any platform, including:
- How to delete reviews on Facebook
- How to delete a Google review
- How to remove photos from Google Business
- How to delete an Amazon review
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
When you're done dealing with negative online reviews about your business, you'll discover that DoNotPay can help you in other ways. The app strives to be a convenient alternative to trying to do things on your own.
You can use it for a variety of tasks, including:
- Finding missing money that you might not know about
- Blocking those annoying spam texts
- Generating the paperwork to file an 83B election
- Enjoy a free trial without worrying about canceling it before they charge your credit card
- And many others!
Use DoNotPay to help you remove those negative and fake Yelp reviews today!