How to Delete a Vimeo Account
If you have no further need for your Vimeo account, why not trash it? It is tempting to think there is no harm in simply leaving it alone, but sharp people like you know it is best to remove your online footprint of personal information whenever possible. Right?
Yet this could be easier said than done. Maybe you tried to log in to Vimeo and realized you don't remember your username or password. Perhaps you cleverly clicked the reset-your-password option, but it failed because you no longer use the email account with which you signed up.
Online experts agree old, unused accounts should be deleted for security reasons. Yet trying to accomplish this on your own may be a long, complex process when accounts are difficult to access.
DoNotPay is the perfect solution to this headache. Your challenge can be solved with our simple and automated process.
Is Deletion Really Necessary?
One of the most important steps in helping to keep your online life secure is to get rid of those unused, older accounts. When we allow those dusty things to lie around in cyberspace, they can become tempting targets for hackers who wish to commit identity theft and other crimes.
All it takes is one software developer to become disgruntled or greedy, and suddenly this person is scrolling through records of private phone, email, and credit card information of people who still have an existing account. Or perhaps a bored hacker has targeted a database that contains your data because you haven't deleted the old account. Marriott International suffered a data leak that affected 500 million guests, and more breaches occur constantly.
I Wish I Lived Your Life
Today the crime of identity theft is sadly common. Bad actors in the world look to obtain sensitive information about people to piece together and make illegal use of their identities to obtain loans, credit cards, and more. Erasing your trail of old accounts reduces your online presence and helps safeguard against this crime.
Trouble Brewing Under the Radar
As we forget about old logins, we lose visibility of what may be happening with our unused accounts. Should someone manage to break in, you likely won't notice. We cannot see activity within an account we no longer use or view.
Get Help Online
Vimeo offers help through their website at vimeo.com:
- Select Resources option in the upper-left of the screen
- Choose Help center
- Click Trouble accessing your account
- Choose Billing and Membership
- Select Managing your Membership
- Click Cancel your subscription
The table below summarizes the different methods to delete accounts:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
For further assistance, use the Contact Us link.
Delete From Within the Service
If you can log in, follow these steps:
- Hover above your profile picture in the navigation bar at the top of the screen
- Choose Settings
- Click Privacy
- Select Delete My Account
Isn't There an Easier Way to Deal With This?
Attempting to get rid of your Vimeo account can be a time-consuming effort with tedious steps to follow. A handy alternative is . Our product can simplify the entire process, and you will find it to be:
- Fast - You will not need to spend hours attempting to solve this problem
- Easy - No struggling to fill out long, tedious forms or keep track of multiple steps
- Successful - You may rest assured we will make the best case for you
How to Delete Your Vimeo Account Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Take a look at these related articles for advice on similar topics for which we can provide assistance:
- How to delete a Facebook account
- How to delete an Instagram account
- How to remove a PayPal account
- How to remove a Gmail account
- How to delete an Amazon account
- How to remove an Uber account
- How to get rid of a Venmo account
- How to remove an eharmony account
- How to delete an AOL account
- How to remove a Yahoo account
DoNotPay can give you quite an easy, automated way to help resolve many problems. We offer many additional services to enhance your life, including (but certainly not limited to):
Our service hands you powerful ways to handle account deletion and additional otherwise-annoying tasks. Let us help simplify your life.