Delete A TrueCaller Account Easily
Truecaller has become the go-to phone directory for millions of people worldwide. It's a helpful app that allows users to find out who is calling without having to master the number. Truecaller is especially helpful for users who frequently receive spam calls. It helps users find contact details of unknown phone numbers, and with the proper permissions, the app can scan any incoming calls from unknown numbers and tell you about them even before it starts ringing.
While Truecaller has proven itself as the best way to identify an unknown phone number, the app has some privacy concerns. Its excellency at scanning numbers means that Truecaller mines too much data through contacts, messages, and call logs.
If you are comfortable having the app go through your data and can see its value, this might not be the guide for you. However, if you are concerned about your privacy and want to and your information from the app's database, you've come to the right place.
DoNotPay has a Delete Old Accounts feature that lets you delete accounts under federal data privacy laws rights granted to you. Now, deleting an app such as Truecaller is as easy as ABC.
How to Delete a Truecaller Account on Your Own
Here are the steps you need to follow to on your own:
- Open the Truecaller app on your device. Truecaller supports Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems.
- Click on the hamburger many on the top right corner for your device, then tap on 'Settings'
- Head over to 'Privacy Center' then click on the 'Deactivate' option
- You will then receive a prompt that asks you to confirm whether or not you wish to continue. If you are sure about deactivating your account, go ahead and click 'Yes'
Your Truecaller account will be deactivated after your click 'Yes'. You can then proceed to enlist your phone number from Truecaller's database.
How to Enlist Your Number From Truecaller
Deactivating your account from the app's database is one step of many. Even after deactivating your account, your phone number and contact details remain on the app's database. If you no longer wish to have your information on the app after permanently deleting your account, you need to enlist your contact from the app's system. Follow these steps if you wish to do so:
- Go to Truecaller's official website.
- Click on the 'Enlist Truecaller' option.
- Enter your number with your country code.
- Verify, 'I'm Not a Robot’.
- Enter your reason for enlisting your number. If none of the options provided matches your concern, you can describe your problem.
- Enter the verification captcha, then select the 'Enlist' option.
After completing the process, it may take up to 24 hours to enlist your contact from Truecaller's database. It's crucial to note that you can't enlist your number if marked as spam.
How to Delete Truecaller Account With DoNotPay
Deleting your Truecaller account on your own takes up valuable time, and you can never be truly sure that it's gone. However, with DoNotPay, you can rest assured that everything is taken care of and you are in control of your privacy.
With DoNotPay's product, you will get asked some questions about your account. The questions are meant to collect information to help us verify your account ownership and prevent impersonation.
All you need to do is:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
The table below summarizes the different methods to delete accounts:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to Truecaller, verifying your account ownership and requesting that the account be deleted. DoNotPay will also demand that any personal data associated with the account be erased under the data privacy regulations. If Truecaller has any further concerns, questions, or updates regarding your issue, they will reach you via email.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Truecaller Account?
Deleting your Truecaller account with DoNotPay is crucial as we are:
- Fast: Your Truecaller account will be deleted within a short while
- Easy: DoNotPay only requires a few details, and the rest is on us
- Successful: Using DoNotPay to delete your Truecaller account is safe, and the account will no longer exist
Other Accounts DoNotPay Can Help With
DoNotPay can help you delete other accounts like Instagram, Gmail, PayPal, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, eHarmony, AOL, Yahoo, and Venmo.
If you have forgotten your password for any of your accounts, DoNotPay can help you recover your password and contact the company's customer support for all the needs you may have on your account.