How to Delete TikTok Account Permanently
Whether you find the short-form videos from TikTok affecting your attention span or you have privacy concerns, there must be valid reasons why you want to delete your TikTok account.
Deleting your TikTok might seem easy, but it's quite an overwhelming task. Navigating your account and completing the entire process is challenging, especially if you don't have your password.
If you don't know how to delete your TikTok account, is here to help. With our easy steps below, you can rest assured that we'll delete your TikTok account quickly and easily.
Reasons to Delete Your TikTok Account
There are various reasons why you should . Here are a few reasons why you should delete your TikTok account on your iPhone.
- It can be a waste of time. Tiktok has proven to be an addictive social media account. Most people have confessed to scrolling through the videos for hours on end. Some are even hooked to the idea of uploading a few videos and getting famous. This can constantly refresh views, hoping that your videos blow up, which furthers you into unhealthy obsession oblivion.
- Most content is censored. TikTok is not an American app if you don't know. The platform is from a Chinese-video sharing platform, ByteDance.
Since it's a Chinese company, most of the content on the app is censored. Therefore, any criticism against the Chinese government would have your content taken down.
For instance, a few months ago, TikTok deleted videos related to the Xinjiang detention camps and the oppression of the Uighur Muslims. The Chinese government didn't want the world to know about the Uighur Muslims and has even suppressed their language on the application.
- Your privacy is at risk.
Nowadays, nobody's data is safe. Almost all major social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook possess your data. The same goes for TikTok, but there is something sinister about their users' privacy.
- Tiktok discriminates. TikTok has even gone to the extent of confessing that they would suppress videos from the LGBT community, disabled, and overweight users. Their reason is that this platform's action has the policy to prevent cyberbullying of "vulnerable" users.
This policy lists the following people as vulnerable users:
- Down syndrome
- People with specific disfigurement like a squint, and facial problems
TikTok also instructs its moderators to delete videos from users with the above characteristics.
Regardless of the reason to delete your TikTok account, completing the process all by yourself can be exhausting. Fortunately, DoNotPay can guide you through the entire process.
How to Delete TikTok Account Permanently By Yourself
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
If you want to delete your TikTok account, follow these steps:
- Tap your profile
- Tap the three horizontal lines that appear in the upper-right corner
- Select the "manage account" option
- Select "Delete Account"
- Tap "Continue"
- Verify whether it's your account and tap "Delete account"
Please note that your account will only remain "deactivated" within thirty days. Therefore, you can log back in and reactivate your account. Once these thirty days are over, your account will be permanently closed and cannot be recovered.
Once you're done with this step, you should uninstall the app from your phone as the final step of deleting your TikTok account.
How to Delete TikTok Account with DoNotPay
Are you finding trouble deleting your TikTok account? If you want to delete your TikTok account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has got you covered in 7 easy steps.
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it. By following these steps, you can rest assured that your information is submitted to Tiktok as you expect them to permanently delete your account.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
Our services don't end at deleting TikTok accounts from our clients' computers. DoNotPay can help you delete other online accounts with ease, including:
Why Should You Delete Your TikTok Account With DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers a fast, easy, and effective procedure to delete your TikTok account. With DoNotPay, all you have to do is complete the steps given above, and we'll handle the rest for you.
Deleting your TikTok account has never been this easy! Sign up today, and let's get started!